• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My signature

fish fodder

Hi guys,

Been a bit nervous of showing this as its no where near the standard of others on here but what the hell... So far I have only been dosing easy carbo and profito, hopefully be going on to co2 this week.

Lighting is on for 5 hours a day ramped up to 60% over and 1.5 hour period each way.

Fish are:
Ruby tetras (never seen these before)
Apisto cruzeiro
Ottocinclus
Cherry shrimp.
Any comments would be appreciated but be gentle as its my first real attempt at a planted tank and I'm aware it needs a lot of growing in.
Cheers

FQBvpFU.jpg

Looks tremendous, any chance of a picture that's square-on?

My only (novice) observation would be that the bulge in the substrate is odd, since that's not a theme that's carried through on your hardscape. If you're aiming for a slope, maybe add a bit more to the right hand side of the substrate to give a slope rather than a bulge.

Thanks guys :)

@lancsrick, the bulge is a result of the flow and not supposed to be like that lol... There is a slope but its hidden behind the Redmoor back right haha.

Plants are:
Pogostemen erectus
Eleocharis "mini"
Stauruhrjdnsdndjd blah blah (you know the one)
Hygropgila pinnifinada
And a couple of hydrocotyle sp.

I too will be posting my first proper setup on here soon and if your nervous over that then i am babbing myself because that is one nice setup lol

Hmmm...that's a shame. I thought hygrophilas were impossible to grow. I saw it in a recent PFK and wanted to try it out.

Lovely scape mate. Hope I can get mine to look this good too. Love the tank. I am still astonished by the silicone work in them

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

fish fodder said: ↑ Hygropgila pinnifinada I'd like a go at growing this. How are you finding it?

Hi, I have this in my dwarf puffer biotope that I started 4 1/2 weeks ago. I lost one stem and one leaf from another stem and now is all fine. Have been trimmed back and there is lots of new growth.

Nervous? If that was my tank I'd be busting to show it off! I hope to go for this kind of look in my new tank, perhaps you would have some useful input in my thread on how to make mine look more like yours! Haha

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Back