• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My sort of 11" cube

Garuf said:
thank you everyone, I've sourced a hydor co2 system for this tank so alls good in the hood.
James C has pledged some HC I just need to find A suitable light now.
Oh and some co2 accessory's, bubble counter, drop checker and nano diffuser.
So this project is all go.

Which hydor system are you using?

update, we have growth!
Not just hc oh no, Riccia too! god knows how it got there but it's growing a charm in with the Hc mostly in dry areas too. :wideyed:

this is the 19th day... Tom Barr promised me a carpet by now. lol.

I can't wait to get everything carpeted, I must admit, I'll be sad to fill it with water.

As soon as there's something to show.

I'm trying to decide if I should revert to the original scape or not.

If people would be kind enough to say which they prefer that'd be brilliant.

eee, not what I wanted to hear, :lol:
Aww well, keep the votes coming.
Also, anyway to improve on what I already have without reverting back?
haha. A third option is always nice!

update, I've got some really nice rotalla green for the background so I'll be using that.
Regarding other plants I'm hoping to get some downoi if not i'll get some ET and use that.
The hc is still growing but slowly, it doesn't like the cold weather.

Any time, thanks for the plants mark!

It could be a wait yet, I'm still waiting for the carpet effect that we all crave from HC. I'll fill it up with co2 then.
I'm still waiting for Jeremy to send me a light so we shall see how it goes.
I need to find some Downoi too, we'll see. I can't wait to see it all come together this tank is taking SOoo long to grow out, I wish I'd have known I would have just grown it out normally!

dscf0642gd0.jpg

This is how it looks from my seat, notice the paper? That's an essay... those doodles are the reason I'm failing English.

dscf0644uy7.jpg

HC growth seems good, its a very nice shade of green even if it isn't spreading with exuberance yet.

dscf0649js7.jpg

This is my favourite angle, its quiet nice isn't it? I can't wait to get some stems in there.
dscf0650sz9.jpg

I like this angle too, it shows the vertical nature of this scape well.

How do you mean busy? I know it's not doing much, terrible lighting I'm afraid, I wan't to up it but as of yet I don't know how, I know Jeremy is sorting me out with something we'll just have to wait and see.

Nothing to update, the tank is filled but the hc is struggling and the scape shifted while I was planting some rotalla green, the moss looks good though, I'm currently running 36watts over the tank but I'd really like to cut this down since I suspect that this is the reason that I can't keep up with co2 and nutrient demands.

This tank unfortunately has fallen into disrepair with college/uni and the fact I'm running 36watts of pc over it and lets just say algae is a issue.
It's not beyond repair though, it just needs the light lowering and for me to find a regulator to run a FE on it.
I'm tempted to tear it down and do something off the wall with it, an experiment of sorts to see if I can create a cliff look.
We shall see though I need to lower the light so first things first.

Back