• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My sort of 11" cube

I swapped the diffuser over onto the opposite side of the tank not long after taking the photo and seemed to get much better co2 distribution, I just switched the spray bar as per suggested and now few if any co2 bubbles hit the surface and I can see them travelling all through the tank.
Thanks Ceg.

dscf0903sl2.jpg

It's changed A little bit since then.
I received some Blyxa and some downoi and hc from James and Saintly respectively so thank you to those two.
I replaced the ailing UG with hc, I think my water is just too hard for UG.
As you can see I have a case of the diatoms which I would have cleared up ages ago but I haven't been able to get any Ottos.
Enough words here's the picture.

i can see why you didnt need so much hc.

the p helferi looks very well suited to the layout. it also looks like the hc is taiking off ok? looks like runners?

The Hc is taking of really, really well which is nice, I'm double dosing EI to make sure everything fills out well.
The Downoi really does give a nice break too, again thank you so much.

I finally got some ottos and some neon tetra, I know they're not really suitable for this tank but they're not going to be in here for all that long.

They're anything but shy, I find them really boisterous. I put my hand in to trim the fern and had them swimming between my fingers. Something my Ember Tetra's never would. Considering the neon's where 60p each I'm really happy with them. Just wish I had a better filter so I could use some lily pipes.

Thank you saintly, it's a compliment coming from you!
Yeah, the downoi is starting to take off, I initially thought it was dormant but it's growing much more noticeably now.

It is indeed an eden 501, I really don't think it's powerful enough for this tank so I'm reluctant to add lillys. I'd rather wait and get an eheim 2213 and add a external heater at the same time and avoid the whole heater in tank thing at the same time.
I really like how this tank is maturing now that I've got rid of my initial diatoms, it's all looking very green.

Nothing really to report, subtle changes trimmed everything back and tidied up some things. I would post up a picture but I have no camera at the moment.
The main things are that I trimmed the stems that have finally broken the surface and planted them at the back. I hacked of every single java leave to promote growth. I also trimmed the moss and attached it further up the wood, I also reduced the mass of the downoi by half, it might be a slow grower but it really did take off without me noticing, I removed in access of 12 viable stems and 4 mother plants all of which have gone into my big tank.

Back