My tank on PFK

Discussion in 'Off Topic / Chit-Chat' started by LondonDragon, 12 May 2008.

1. LondonDragon

LondonDragon Administrator Staff Member

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Member

I just posted one of mine too :)

3. Spider Pig

Spider Pig Member

Really impressive, nice shape and balance of colours, especially the moss wall. How long did the weeping moss take to grow and create the wall?

4. LondonDragon

The mesh is 30cm long and 12.5cm high, I had enough for half of that at first so I started with 15cmx12.5cm, and it took about 3 weeks to fill in, then I stripted it out and doubled it to the current size of 30cmx12.5cm, and in two weeks its starting to fill up already.
    It seems to grow pretty fast really. Have a look in my journal in the sig and you can see from the photos how it developed. I am considering expanding it to make a complete all at the back to cover everything.
    Just need to find some more mesh to do that.

5. George Farmer

George Farmer Founder Staff Member

Looks good.

Thanks for the UKAPS plug too. :)

6. Spider Pig

Spider Pig Member

Just looked through your journal. Looks like hard work but worth it. Planning a rescape/ new scape in my tank and want to use a moss wall to hide the filter, but might use it on the back as well as my picture background is pretty crappy. Was thinking of either the christmas moss or weeping moss as they seem to have nicer texture, Maybe interspersed with riccia to give lighter colour in areas. Where did you get the mesh?

7. LondonDragon

I used Riccia in the past and although it looks great and grows pretty well I wouldn't use it for a wall.
    Riccia needs light and on the wall it will just simple rot away quicker and only the top of the wall grow properly.
    But also when it gets thickers the part attached to the wall will just rot and it will just come off the wall, so you will end up having to reattach it all the time, I would go with moss for the wall.

The mesh I got it long time ago from ebay when I ordered a few other things from this seller:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Riccia-Mesh-Secur ... dZViewItem

Exactly the same as I got. I looking for an alternative now, as I have used 4 of the 5 that is supplied in the pack and I am considering filling the back completly with moss.

Hope that helps :)

8. Spider Pig

Spider Pig Member

Just been looking at that shop. They have a good selection of mosses as well and post some for free. Any experience with their plants?

9. LondonDragon

Just brought glassware from them and the meshes!

10. LondonDragon

Just saw the PFK newsletter and my tank is mentioned on tank list for the second time ;)

11. Arana

Arana Member

Cool... we should all follow suit and post all our tanks, not forgetting to menton UKAPS of course :D