• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my tank

gould

Seedling
Hi all, i've been hanging around here for a while now, and thought it was about time that i posted a photo of my tank... Its a fluval roma 240.
It was a very low tech planted set up with no co2 or any of that stuff as i cant afford it if im completely honest. so it just had some planting substrate from p@h, standard lighting and plenty of flow. as you can tell i wasnt really expecting much growth but within 3 months it had gone from this
12955_220082492278_620012278_453310.jpg

to this
26764_404724867278_620012278_530662.jpg

i had added a couple of extra species of plants but in general the growth was astounding!
within the last week though i've had a change of heart (truth be told, ive never been completely happy having a planted tank for my angels but the girlfriend decided it would be more visually appealing). ive been online constantly for the last few evenings trying to find biotope setups based around angels, and this is my attempt:
26764_408486987278_620012278_531770.jpg

im fairly happy with the outcome, when i can find some way of staining the water i'll be even happier (...any ideas on how to do this) but for now it'll do.

also i dont know if i should do this, but all the plants in the 2nd photo are for sale. im not after massive amounts of money, just a little bit to recoup some of the money i spent on the wood... pm me for details.

thanks

Very Nice.
For staining the water Have a Look at Indian Almond Leaves or Blackwater extract on Ebay.
IAL add it to the tank and let it stain, or boil them and make up a bottle to use for a long time.

thank you for the feedback. ive had a search on ebay and have just purchased 25 indian almond leaves, so thank you for the help.
ive got photos of all the plants if youd like them (im not good with names) but im not sure whether im allowed to post them on here...?

Hi

Did you think about oak leafes (you dont have to buy them, you can just find them in your area;) )? They look great in amazon biotope (i can show you how it looked in my previous tank). Also think about amazon swords and try to find better roots/wood to make your tank look more natural.

Regards
Dawid

Hi Gould

pm me your address and if you pay postage I will send you some liquid peat extract.

regards
gzylo

Back