• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Tank

Tom

Hey guys, here's pics from my latest tank, At Forest's Gate. I can add more info if anyone's interested :D

UKAPSTANK.jpg

ResizeWizard-2-23.jpg

ResizeWizard-1-43.jpg

ResizeWizard-3-10.jpg

Let me know what you think,

Cheers, Tom

Hi Tom, I can't provide you with critical comment as I'm too new to this, but I do love your tanks. I have raved about it on UKAF and will continue to do so. Very nice! :D

Nice to see your tank on here, Tom. I think I recognise it from APC.

To give a little critique, maybe the wood could be a little more gnarled and twisted to make it more interesting. It just looks a little straight to me.

Plant health looks excellent and your photography is certainly pretty good, too.

I manage to stumble my way through Photoshop to get the cropping right, and get the tank sides parallel to the side of the photo, but there must be an easier way.

Do you have an idiot`s guide on how to do this?

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Tom and welcome to UKAPS! Great to have you on board.

I simply love is aquascape, not much else to say right now...

BTW, Tom, are you at Sparsholt College? I'm heading down there with PFK's Jeremy Gay on 1st Oct to do a talk on planted tanks. He's doing a marine step-by-step on the 26th Sept too.

Maybe see you there...

I really love your scape to Tom. I really like the contrast between the deep greens and the slate coloured rock, works very nicely as a focal point.

Are you on fairly soft water? Only reason i say that is your java moss is flourishing amazingly well. I struggle with java mosses in my hard stuff.

Hey George, yeah I'm at Sparsholt. Craig said about a "plant guy" coming down with Jeremy. Didn't realise it was you though, it would be great to meet you. I'm setting up a 5'x2'x2' planted tank at the moment with all the stuff JBL kindly sent us, so hopefully that will be planted up by the time you come. I'm not too confident with larger tanks yet as I've never done above 24" :rolleyes: , and I've never used JBL before so we'll have to see how that one goes. :D

Frolicsome_Floram, Thanks. I've used 100% rainwater on this tank from day one, so it is naturally very softy, and pH around 6.6-6.8. I've also kept it relatively cool (23-24C) as I've heared Java moss doesn't like it too warm.

Tom

Tom said:
Frolicsome_Floram, Thanks. I've used 100% rainwater on this tank from day one, so it is naturally very softy, and pH around 6.6-6.8. I've also kept it relatively cool (23-24C) as I've heared Java moss doesn't like it too warm.

Tom

intreging :) i might start cutting mine with rain water as well, now were getting some! Ive actually started turning my temp down as well to aim at stopping a bit cooler, I think ive been over cooking mine for a while.

I have really struggled with java moss too. I put it down to high temp being a discus tank since it was fine in my coldwater tank. I'm glad to see others agree.

Back