• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Tanks

jonesy

Been lurking and reading the fantastic info available on this site for afew months now so though i might post some pictures of my 2 tanks to get some honest comments :thumbup:

This is my nano been set up since just before this xmas, nearly finished just trying to get a Staurogyne sp carpet and maybe something in the back left corner dont no yet.

P1250054.jpg

P1250055.jpg

P1250057.jpg

P1250060.jpg

P1250063.jpg

this is my rio 125 which i have just started to rescape as of last week and i am waiting for my plants to arrive this week to start planting.

From this

PB010294.jpg

PB010295.jpg

To this

P1250064.jpg

any suggestions and comments welcome thanks for looking :thumbup:

very nice first tank :) loving the minnows, i'll be putting mine in in about a week :D

regarding the second tank, i'd bank up the substrate to try and gain some height, look at SteveUk's iwagumi(name escapes me)

how are the neons for you? i may use them in my 60cm, but im worried they will be too shy.

AdAndrews said:
very nice first tank :) loving the minnows, i'll be putting mine in in about a week :D

regarding the second tank, i'd bank up the substrate to try and gain some height, look at SteveUk's iwagumi(name escapes me)

how are the neons for you? i may use them in my 60cm, but im worried they will be too shy.

it is alot steeper than it looks in that picture, it has about 2 to 3 inches at the front and goes to about 6 inches at the back, if found the neons are great little fish in my first planted rio but they seem rather shy in this and are sticking to the bottom alot probably because there is no plants in the tank but to be fair all the fish seem to be sticking to the bottom of the tank so will let you no when its planted :thumbup:

samc said:
i like the second tank layout very much :thumbup: if it were my tank i would plant it simple. hc and acicularis like the tanks in amanos gallery.

very simple but effective :D

was thinking of a hc carpet but ran out of funds so might do that at a later date, my plant list is as follows

Hydrocotyle verticillata, Staurogyne sp, Rotala rotundifolia, Crypt Nevelli, Echindorus Tenellus and Pogostemon Helferi

Back