• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my visit today....

Rachel Essex

...... so that was so worth the trip to come and see you! Some stunning display tanks and no end of help and advice! Thank you guys so much, it was a real pleasure to meet you both! I have had a play, what do you think?? (just turned on one hydra on factory setting so you can see)
IMG_7414.jpeg

I had slight compromises due to the weir with placing the large piece of wood, but perfect amounts of rock to build my "wall" I'm wondering whether I should bring it all out to the front a bit more?? Enough height do you think?
Thanks again.

Rachel :)

Fantastic wood!

But I’d like to see (at least a couple) bigger rocks to “go with”
:)

Yeh? Where would you place them? I don't want to add too much rock and leave me short of places to plant!

I must of missed you i was there too today, love that wood! :thumbup:
Ha! It was fairly quiet while I was there, a few turned up as I was nearly ready to go. Nice that it was quiet though, I could have a good chat!

Hi Rachel.

Glad it was a valuable trip. Got even busier soon after you set off so great timing on your part.

The millennium wood fits in perfectly. Laid down or inverted... Either looks great. I get the concessions though for the central weir.

There is huge potential to add epiphyte plants (plants that can be grown on wood or rock) with such a large section of wood. Good to sit back and envisage the end result that you want to see at this point. Plenty of inspiration to be found on the UKAPS community.

Looking good. Your rocks are quite large. The picture doesn’t do them justice. Try tilting them slightly. Will give you more of a 3D effect and will really show them off.

Yes you could bring the hardscape forward quite a bit. Really make use of the depth of your tank and leave lots of room for planting, whilst showing off the wood more.

You could also add even more soil also to add more height.........:)

Nice wood! Hard to tell from the photo but make sure you have a slope on your front gravel too as that adds depth as well. If you don't then you'll probably need to raise your rocks when you add in a slope so they aren't buried.

Looking good. Your rocks are quite large. The picture doesn’t do them justice. Try tilting them slightly. Will give you more of a 3D effect and will really show them off.

Yes you could bring the hardscape forward quite a bit. Really make use of the depth of your tank and leave lots of room for planting, whilst showing off the wood more.

You could also add even more soil also to add more height.........:)

Thank you, I may well move the hardscape forward a bit, I do also plan on adding some slate chips between the rock and gravel to blend them in together a bit more. I will try and tilt the rock some more, thank you.

The soil is pretty deep, between 9" at its deepest.

@tam, thank you too, I will add some more gravel to create more of a slope. I think this is actually what it's missing, thank you.

Reactions: tam
It looks great Rachel you've positioned the wood really nicely :thumbup:

I can imagine lots of Bucephalandra and moss growing along that wood. Perhaps some ferns on the left side.

Let us know if you need any help choosing the plants :)

Back