• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

my vivarium show nano. short video

Re: my vivarium nano.

You knew you'd win for the nano, WAGS always give in!

Looks great Mark, i hope the HC spreads for you, it should do.

BTW, nice wallpaper, we have the same, it was a sod to put up!

Mark Evans said:
true mate, but with good reason. I'm hoping the rocks wont play such a huge role. I thought about spending plenty of time arranging them, but with transportation in mind, collapsing stones and gravel work could potentially destroy it. :

Now I understand - I hadn't read the thread properly re transporting the tank :oops: Look forward to seeing them being hidden then :lol: ;)

Tony

BTW Mark, i don't know if you've been out to East Bridgford lately but they have some right nice Coffee bean Rasboras that would look mint in this tank.

It's for the Vivarium show, rather than being a vivarium.

Nice setup, Mark!

Looking forward to see its development.

I was thinking of the lighting issue.. Maybe the best option will be a new light or you could try to move the light, on the back wall of the tank. I believe, due to the small difference of 10 cm only in size/L/W/, the ilumination will be enough to cover the lenght of the tank. You could also lift the light a bit higher so it will have a wider angle of ight stream. It will not be the best position for aesthetics, but will be the necessary evil :)

Regards

Thanks guys.

Antoni, i've put the light on the back and it's much more even :thumbup: thanks mate.

This is the quickest settling in period of HC I've had. in 24 hours I've now got 1cm growth on many of the stems.Zippo melt, and pearling it's ass off.

How this will last 12 weeks is beyond me

ianho said:
BTW Mark, i don't know if you've been out to East Bridgford lately but they have some right nice Coffee bean Rasboras that would look mint in this tank.

I think we may get fish at the show mate. less stress for transportation :thumbup: I'll check em out though.

They'Ve got their plants looking good haven't they :D

This wont be a flood of images over the next few weeks, i promise :angelic:

As mentioned above, the HC is growing rapidly. skywards and horizontally.

you can see it going upwards here...

day-2c.jpg

The water clarity is second to none, even with the infamous ADA malaya.

day-2-1.jpg

and a top down shot of the HM

day-2b.jpg

The wifes on 'lights' duty until i get a timer...shes a good girl really :p

I shall leave you all in peace now :lol:

Re: my vivarium show nano.

They'Ve got their plants looking good haven't they

I have been twice now, they have impressed me every time i have been, very reasonable priced as well. £2 for a pot of HC cuba isn't bad. They do have some decent JBL planted stuff as well.

The wifes on 'lights' duty until i get a timer...shes a good girl really

I also use this lighting technique on my new nano tank. Its working OK, as i find the lady timer puts the lights on when it gets dark, in turn the tank is only getting about 5 hours, which is fine with me.

stuworrall said:
where's teh HC from mark?

MA @ east bridgeford. They've vastly improved there holding facilities.

It's 4 for a tenner...i think it's gone up Ian.

I came close to wrecking the whole tank :wideyed:

Where the tank is situated is my little spot for viewing the 120cm. I was trimming yesterday, and always walk backwards without looking. I forgot the nano was their!

Boom...so damn close. The whole thing toppled and lost about an inch of water just from the sloshing.

Don't worry Dan, it's fine :angelic:

(must watch where i'm walking)

Anyway, the rotala has now broke the surface, and shall be trimmed directly after i finish this post.

rotala-2.jpg

Re: my vivarium show nano.(crash, boom, wallop!)

Oh eck! Not good that!
What are you dosing in way of ferts? I've got rotalla green (which I'll admit wasn't the healthiest at start up) in my tank and I'm finding it unexpectedly slow.

Re: my vivarium show nano.(crash, boom, wallop!)

If you would that'd be extremely generous!
I'm applying for my passport as we speak so I can come to viv, all being well I'll be bringing my nano with me and a non-planted nano.

Back