• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

My Wabi kusa journey

How often do you spray it? Haven't tried tripartita emersed yet :)

Hydrocotle tripiartita will grow emersed super easy, I left some in the shed over winter and it survived :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

That looks great! Interesting concept I've never come across. Makes me wanna buy a glass bowl and give it a shot.

Regards Jonny

se4ababu.jpg

Here is my non aquatic plant glass bowl

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Settling in very nicely mate:). I am imagining your house with so many little green corners set up at strategic places :). Such an eye candy to return to after a hard day's work.

Very true .

I love plants and the way they thrive and grows, So any excuse to get some growing is always a good thing.

The wabi is pretty much growing out of the bowl now , will upload a pic soon .
Cheers

Sent from my mobile telecommunications device

Ive just trimmed it actually as it was creeping on the surface of the cabinet !

If you look closely there is some staurogyne repens making an appearance at the top .
And surprisingly there is some life still on the wabi ball :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Samjpikey,

It seems we are all getting the Wabi Kusa bug. Since you and others have posted about their Wabi Kusa experiences I decided to have a go, although I am not sure they are true Wabi Kusa's, more like miniature indoor gardens.

I had some left over plants when I planted the Full Monty and plenty of aqua soil, Powersand and other bits of wood ans stuff, so i nipped out and bought some jars to have a go.

DSC_0386_zpsf2ccbe46.jpg

There is a mixture of tropical plants and some moss and stuff I found in the garden some, Staurgyrene, Rotal Macranda and Monte Carlos in both jars.
DSC_0388_zps987d9c89.jpg

DSC_0392_zps86201df5.jpg

Thanks for the inspiration!!

Steve.

That looks Awesomes :)
They do look great and add a great addition to evening lighting .

Back