• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Myriophyllum sp. recovery

pepedopolous

Ahoj aquascapers,

I recently planted my tank with plants from my LFS, so perhaps unlike mail order ones they have been immersed for some time.

I wanted some Myriophyllum scabratum but all my LFS had was some very sorry-looking M. aquaticum (I think). It is about 20cm high with only the top 2.5cm healthy and green. The rest of the stems have just dead or dying brown leaves (I think it must have been shaded out by the other plants).

So... how do you think I should deal with this plant? Assuming my CO2 and nutrients are OK... Should I leave it alone or be more proactive and do something about the long length of stems with brown leaves?

I have noticed what seems to be a 'shoot' growing from the base of the healthy tip of one of the stems. So perhaps there is light at the end of the tunnel?

Many thanks in advance,

P

Hi all,
I've never grown it as an aquarium plant, but I keep some growing for work (It is an alien invasive weed in the UK <http://www.ceh.ac.uk/sci_programmes/documents/ParrotsFeather.pdf>), and as far as I know it will always have actively growing green emergent leaves, and dead red submerged stem leaves. I've never grown it with CO2, but It lives in the glasshouse, so it definitely isn't a light effect as it will be receiving very high light levels.

cheers Darrel

Back