• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NA Style Baby... (Update 24.12)

Re: NA Style Baby... (update 18.05)

Piece-of-fish said:
stuworrall said:
super swish and looking great! are you putting it in the IAPLC comp?

Thanks, not mature enough probably?
I am tempted though. Will set a starting point and target to improve later.
Forgot the hairdryer so session moving to tomorrow ehh
I suppose it depends on where you see it growing to in the future. Looks like its going really well to me but if you want a bit more growth then snap it at its prime then keep it for next years comp cos its a top scape :)

NA Style Baby... (update 18.05)

stuworrall said:
Piece-of-fish said:
stuworrall said:
super swish and looking great! are you putting it in the IAPLC comp?

Thanks, not mature enough probably?
I am tempted though. Will set a starting point and target to improve later.
Forgot the hairdryer so session moving to tomorrow ehh
I suppose it depends on where you see it growing to in the future. Looks like its going really well to me but if you want a bit more growth then snap it at its prime then keep it for next years comp cos its a top scape :)

Now that is a very good advice, very good indeed!

Breath taking!
Are you only running the one filter? No circulation pumps or anything?
How many of the t5's are you running, with such a low plant mass and low uptake I'm guessing not many?

Lol,

that looks great! I love this stylish summer look it has! Great tank! :thumbup: If you are entering the competition thought, IMO it might be worthed to have some shoaling colorful fishes for the final shot and of course some ripple just to power a bit the effect :)

Love it!

Tony Swinney said:
Beautiful !

Right up my street this :) I might have to rescape if those sakura's I just got from you came out of here - they'll feel like they've moved into a building site :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks all...

Garuf said:
Breath taking!
How many of the t5's are you running, with such a low plant mass and low uptake I'm guessing not many?

Yes, one lonely eheim 2076e here. It was running through spraybar until yesterday and the flow was quite good so i didnt bother adding any powerheads.
Will see now how it goes with the lillies.
The lights are on for 7 hours, just 2x39 T5s
They are just above the tank as i still have not sorted the hanging kit :oops:
I want to farther reduce the intensity by hanging them higher as even that considerably little light is a bit too much for me for this scape.

Ive got the dryer today :D so will continue in the evening.
I shall be keeping this to some later contest due to not enough maturing and wrong fish choice :)
Will try some flash backlight today and video recording also.
Regarding LFKC meet i think early autumn or something. My big tank is suffering a bit for few months already due to co2 issues. Cant sort it out properly :oops:
It should be more or less ready to final pics hopefully in couple months.
Cheers :thumbup:

Re: NA Style Baby... (Video 31.05)

Wonderful! Perfectly executed island composition and superb plant choice. Well done mate! :D

Garuf said:
Breath taking!

I'm not surprised this is fine with one filter. The island design is good to promote flow around the aquarium, known as the 'speedway' concept. :thumbup:

I really enjoyed watching that, very relaxing :)

Piece-of-fish said:
Comments very welcome on how to improve things...

As you asked ;)

I like the way the edits are done (nice fades).
I'd change the order around, take the close ups at the end and mix them in with the earlier 'wide out panning' clips a bit more. (But then that would lose the timeline aspect of the vid).

The panning stutters just slightly in places so you can practice on getting that smoother.

I still loved it though :)

Just watched the video all the way through. Superb! :thumbup:

I'm not sure if it was the streaming speed on my computer, but the panning shots seemed a little jittery?

Anyway, lovely production on many levels. I will tweet the link!

Thanks for your kind words Matt and George.
That not the streaming, its due to the tripod.
Have to work on it to make it smooth. Anyways its just the middle point of the scape, will try to improve when taking the final vid.

I love wood, it's beautiful! I want to create a Ryoboku scape like this, but I don't have the money for C02 atm ,so it wouldn't grow haha!

Amazing tank and a really inspirational video mate. Faved, shared, loved ;)

One of the vid which i would show to any new members, what is the aquascaping is about.

I hope we will see another vid update later. :angelic:

OFF
BTW i think it would be a great to have a topic with the best UKAPS vids. If someone new join to the forum and start to learn all about it, videos like this gives a great start for sure. And i've seen so many perfect ones here in the past years. Too bad they're hiding all over in the journal sections here and there.

Zerocon said:
I love wood, it's beautiful! I want to create a Ryoboku scape like this, but I don't have the money for C02 atm ,so it wouldn't grow haha!

Thanks, the wood is usual mangrove wood available from the most LFSs in UK. If you have a tank not that big you can start with DIY CO2. Enough to get hooked ;) Just need sugar and some yeast for it. Google is your friend here...

B7fec said:
Wow! Great scape and loving the vid!

viktorlantos said:
Amazing tank and a really inspirational video mate. Faved, shared, loved ;)

One of the vid which i would show to any new members, what is the aquascaping is about.

I hope we will see another vid update later. :angelic:

OFF
BTW i think it would be a great to have a topic with the best UKAPS vids. If someone new join to the forum and start to learn all about it, videos like this gives a great start for sure. And i've seen so many perfect ones here in the past years. Too bad they're hiding all over in the journal sections here and there.

Thanks Victor, I hope one day soon we manage a trip to visit your amazing shop if you dont mind ;)
A video section is a great idea. :clap:
With DSLRs able to capture HD videos now its a pleasure to treat yourself and others of course :) with some quality captures. Together with the photos its a great way to keep a memory of your work.

Piece-of-fish said:
Zerocon said:

Thanks, the wood is usual mangrove wood available from the most LFSs in UK. If you have a tank not that big you can start with DIY CO2. Enough to get hooked ;) Just need sugar and some yeast for it. Google is your friend here...

Okay, great! I'll give it a try!

Another lazy update. Please ignore the growing in plants in front/sides of the tank. They are not meant to be there.
Just a quick snap to show how it fills in.

2tank.jpg

Re: NA Style Baby... (Lazy update 10.08.11)

lazy man, just plane lazy! proper updates please! :lol:

ermm...it look terrible...rip it down and start again :lol:

Back