• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Aquarium 20 to 30 ltr Recommendations

peter50blue

Seedling
I've always owned high tech CO2 injected aquariums but would like to try setting up a nano tank using liquid carbon only.
My initial thought was to purchase a Dennerle tank but I like the look of the Fluval Spec 5 from the point of view of everything being concealed.
However, I don't know the performance of the latest Fluval LED's compared to the Dennerle, the latter having a good pedigree when it comes to planted aquariums.
I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has tried this along with other alternatives brands I should consider.

Regards: Peter

I've always owned high tech CO2 injected aquariums but would like to try setting up a nano tank using liquid carbon only.
My initial thought was to purchase a Dennerle tank but I like the look of the Fluval Spec 5 from the point of view of everything being concealed.
However, I don't know the performance of the latest Fluval LED's compared to the Dennerle, the latter having a good pedigree when it comes to planted aquariums.
I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has tried this along with other alternatives brands I should consider.

Regards: Peter

Hi Peter,

I own both, while the Fluval spec 5 is a great tank; I would recommend the Dennerle.

Both will do the job though, the newest iteration of the spec v (which is also now discontinued I believe) has much better LED's than its original release.

You cannot go wrong with the dennerle tanks for the price. I love mine, decent
quality.. lid option if needs be etc

Back