• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

adamt4050

Hello All,

I'm thinking of buying a Do! Aqua 25x25x25(cm) Nano aquarium for my desktop and Im just planning everything out and exploring my options - I have an unused Fluval G3 sat in my attic gathering dust, I was wondering if I would be ale to use it on my desktop setup.

Obviously its quite a large filter in comparison to the aquarium itself, so i waned know it would "work" e.g. Be safe.
Let me know your thoughts and experiences with using a large filter on a small tank.

I look forward to hearing from you.
- Adam

Last edited:
Splice the pipes and put in a tap to reduce the flow?

31qthescfll._sx300_.jpg

I'm not sure what the internal looks like on a G3 - I believe they are cartridges with pre-filled media? Otherwise I was going to suggest that you just pack the filter with as much media as possible - that also reduces the flow rate significantly. But I like Julian's idea of the valve, that is more than likely your best bet!

i recent got a g6, havn't got it running yet. But i know the g3 has the same kind of electronic controls. I believe you can press a button and turn down the flow. job done.

Back