• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano/Cube tank surface skimmer pipe

FishKeeper55

I have been trying to find surface skimmer pipe for nano cube tank, found couple glass option of normal inlet that would work due to pipe high been 15cm but is without the skimmer section, I'm trying to stay away from the usual glass lilly pipes as they looked fairly large in small tanks, would you suggest any options? I'm not looking at eheim skimmers at all as I have plenty flow already.

If anyone know of something that might work please let me know.

Thanks

I actually made my own using cpvc pipe with a T and an elbow. I attached it to my aquaclear HOB and it worked well. Enough flow to catch surface scum and still good suction from the bottom. Requires some DIY if your up for it

@Siege what is the required flow just out of interest
@Mr.Shenanagins don't mind DIY but having a look at them skimmer pipes looks like you need to have ability to adjust the bottom inflow for top to actually pull some water in, if the bottom is to open it won't take water in from top and vice versa, this could be a trail and error with lets say the amount holes you have drill in bottom intake

No probs, filter badged as 750L p/h on the box as a minimum. For some of the budget filters you might want a min of 850.

Back