• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[Nano Cubed] Some Accidental Jungles - now buy 1 get 2 free!

Re: [Nano] An Accidental Jungle - video page 2

Very cool. You have made me want to dig out my P@H cubes now!

I also have sparkling gourami's in my corner tank. brilliant fish.

Did you find the ADA Amazonia in Edinburgh? if so which shop? I went hunting the other day and could only find some Malaya in Water Wonders.

Best Regards,
John

They were all out last week, but since I bought the last two bags of Malaya it might spur them to restock. It's not a shop i often frequent tbh, even though it is my nearest.

Love it Tom. Perfect nano Wood as well even better that local :thumbup:

hijac said:
They were all out last week, but since I bought the last two bags of Malaya it might spur them to restock. It's not a shop i often frequent tbh, even though it is my nearest.

Yeah it's pretty shabby looking, but they do actually have some interesting fish in there on occaision (my sparklers and bororas came from there). I generally just pop in for a nose about now and again, especially now I don't have a car to get to Outside Inside.

Cheers PoF, all my aquarium wood is local and, more importantly, free :)

Is this video on YouTube? I can't see it on my phone :(

I've seen the boxes in store and it seems that they no longer come with the light.

I'm not easily impressed but that could almost have been filmed in the wild, Sir David Attenborough couldn't have done it better himself.

nayr88 said:
Is this video on YouTube? I can't see it on my phone :(

I've seen the boxes in store and it seems that they no longer come with the light.

Vimeo mate. That's a bugger about the light, have they dropped the price or just omitted it? Going to drive the price up a bit finding three matching lights.

Troi said:
I'm not easily impressed but that could almost have been filmed in the wild, Sir David Attenborough couldn't have done it better himself.

Heh cheers dude, still got a lot to learn about this video malarky, only second time using the film capabilities of my camera, keep making lots of mistakes.

[Nano] An Accidental Jungle - video page 2

Great video, I LOVE these fish. Not seen them before, I really like their interesting nature, kinda reminds me of my cpd's but with better concentration! How big do they get?

Also fantastic job on the tank, impressive from the stock light. Are you using an external?

Cheers Sentral. FIsh get to about 3-4cm, so about the limit of what I'd want to keep long term in a tank this size. Filter is a Dennerle Eckfilter internal. Triangle shaped job so you can get it right in the corner and not take up much space.

i take it you introduced the live food/ostracods? really enjoy this set-up. is that still the standard filter? thanks.

darren636 said:
i take it you introduced the live food/ostracods? really enjoy this set-up. is that still the standard filter? thanks.

The ostracods just hitchhiked on some plants I moved across from my main tank. How they got there I have no idea :lol:

Filter is a Dennerle nano corner filter (aka eckfilter).

Were about did you get the twigs from, i recently bought 2 6.6G tanks and looking for inspiration.

Did you just snap them off a heather bush?

alder branches are also very nice, twisty.

mitchelllawson said:

There's an area in the Pentlands near me where they do controlled burning, so there are lots of nice dead and dry branches to choose from. Normally the fires pass over the heather so fast that the larger stems never even get singed.

BigTom said:
mitchelllawson said:

There's an area in the Pentlands near me where they do controlled burning, so there are lots of nice dead and dry branches to choose from. Normally the fires pass over the heather so fast that the larger stems never even get singed.

I got mine from Arthur's seat after a burn there. I think that might mean I nicked the queen's heather thou. :D

Apparantly I was a good boy this year :D

p1060663edit.jpg

I hate to think what it's going to take to make it up to my girlfriend!

Gave up trying to find decent nano lights and bought a single 39w Hagen Glo T5.

Found some nice wood too, all those storms around Christmas have produced some great windfall :)

p1060667n.jpg

Now just need the tubes and substrate to arrive...

Back