• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Double Opti White - Cherry/Sakura/White Pearl Breeding Colony

Yes still breeding and so are the yelllows, no heaters just room temp, shrimp do better in lower temps anyway 18-20C

good to know! :) I've made a couple of threads recently just to find out, as id be really keen for my sakura fire reds to breed, and might go for blue rili shrimp etc. I really want to do dwarf black and white bee shrimp; but I think I might really be tempting fate with the tank size etc. Though I do have RO water, gh+ etc on hand for it, so it may still be an option once fully cycled and established with plants I hope

as id be really keen for my sakura fire reds to breed
From experience they are not fussy breeders as most other shrimp, I have bred them on low tech and high tech tanks, just have good tank maintenance and they will do well with most conditions, I have hard water in London.

From experience they are not fussy breeders as most other shrimp, I have bred them on low tech and high tech tanks, just have good tank maintenance and they will do well with most conditions, I have hard water in London.

what sort of numbers did your shrimp breed to in your 12 litre? :)

also, really nice video; that's exactly what i'm looking to replicate lol

also, really nice video; that's exactly what i'm looking to replicate lol
Notice the planaria (little worms) also! you need to get rid of that in a shrimp tank, reports suggest they attack shrimp, also I only ever seen them on dead shrimp, question is did they kill them? a quick dose of Panacur and they all gone in 24 hours!

Notice the planaria (little worms) also! you need to get rid of that in a shrimp tank, reports suggest they attack shrimp, also I only ever seen them on dead shrimp, question is did they kill them? a quick dose of Panacur and they all gone in 24 hours!

interesting! I'd always heard they were harmless, but i definitely want to take all precautions! is it easy enough to acquire the meds?

is it easy enough to acquire the meds?
Search for Panacur on amazon! I use the liquid version, but some people just crush the tablets and dose that to the tank!

Re: Double Opti White Nano - Cherry/Sakura Breeding Colony

Quick Video of the tank on the left:

Tanks on the right:

Cheers :)

for the mosses used, did you have mini pellia, flame moss and weeping moss? also interesting to the snails in the tank as well, would have suspected they'd eat the plants :)

for the mosses used, did you have mini pellia, flame moss and weeping moss? also interesting to the snails in the tank as well, would have suspected they'd eat the plants :)
Most mosses will do well, did have trouble with mini pellia as it grows so slow in lowtech it was prone to algae.
I love my snails, I had at one time 4 species in there with mosses, crypts and bolbitis, couldn't notice them eating plants.

These are still going, one on the left bit overgrown with stringy moss, and just redone the one on the right, was plagged with some weird algae, thanks Ryan for the moss ;) now let it grow.

20160904_103730.jpg

20160904_103722.jpg

20160904_103716.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Last edited:
Loving the hanging cactus :)
Thanks Lindy, need to redo that again, I used a spray bottle on it and now the glass inside is all stained and cannot clean it :( oh well, live and learn! :)

Wow,brilliant Paulo :clap:.
Thanks Neil, not sure the fern at the far right is going to survive with the roots in the water, so far so good, I have kept it in its pot and its 3-4cm out of the water! Let's see

Thanks Neil, not sure the fern at the far right is going to survive with the roots in the water, so far so good, I have kept it in its pot and its 3-4cm out of the water! Let's see

Tanks look great, having a little difficulty stabilising mine at the moment; and no breeding from my sakura, I guess time will tell though :)

Back