• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Double Opti White - Cherry/Sakura/White Pearl Breeding Colony

Niiiiiice! A really serene place to work.

That new filter looks great. Can I ask how wide it is? Can't find physical description. Looks like just the thing for my betta tank

Wow what an inspiration. Just bought a dennerle 30l cube to start my own project with, I'll be taking inspiration from these two tanks. LOVING the ferns at the back what a great addition. I have a bird's nest fern currently dying from the heat in my viv so maybe this'll revive it a little.
Couple of questions!
How is the filter working for you? Its a great price if its working well.
Also have you had any problems with the shrimp and the filter?
How did you build up the rocks in the tank? Did you just prop them up?
More pictures!

How is the filter working for you? Its a great price if its working well.
Filter is pretty good, but does need to be cleaned every week to work with good flow.

Also have you had any problems with the shrimp and the filter?
I have one of those shrimp guards in the end, some of our sponsors sell them.

How did you build up the rocks in the tank? Did you just prop them up?
These nanos are only 20cm high, a slight slope with the sand and larger rocks did the trick here, the dennerle will be quite tall similar to my Fluval 30, have a look a the other journal in my signature.

More pictures!
Tanks are in a sorry state to be honest, cleaned them at the weekend for the first time in 6 weeks, been sick lately which has not helped me pay much attention to the tanks.One has just rocks now the other just the anubias petite.

Thanks for looking and glad you enjoyed the journal :) the emerged plants are still doing pretty well.

Thanks for the reply!
Think I will definitely try the filter, have only had experience with internal, and external looks so perfect for nano as it creates more space. Forgot to ask! Is it the complete filter you get, as in plug in and play?
Love your other tank in that link, great idea for placing the plants. Have a load of anubias petite and java fern I would like to do something similar with.

Forgot to ask! Is it the complete filter you get, as in plug in and play?
Just plug and play, purchased the biggest model for best results and be prepared to clean it often has mentioned above.

Love your other tank in that link, great idea for placing the plants. Have a load of anubias petite and java fern I would like to do something similar with.
Thanks, sounds like a plan ;) don't forget a journal

Cracking couple of tanks, I think they look great. Can I ask please in the photo of the waterline on 19th jan the fern seems to be coming out of the water, is that because it's growth has spilled over from the filter (it was planted in the filter?)? Also, if the fern is coming from the filter, how do you clean the filter each week? I really like the idea of doing something similar as I grow loads of different ferns at work so getting hold of one is no problem.
Have you considered a third one? Things look good in odd numbers. :)

Again single water change since October, just let it run and top up 2l per week! Going to start to perform regular maintenance on these and rescape at some point and get some new shrimp, cherries and white pearls still breeding!!

DSC07996.jpg

DSC08045.jpg

DSC08059.jpg

Now hunting for a larger tank to get back into hightech ;)

Was doing a long overdue water change to the nanos and thought I would take some quick snaps.

G5lxaZ8.jpg

zCSn7eG.jpg

mSjpnAG.jpg

qAtdBVk.jpg

Slow growers, not much changes over time :)

Already wanting such a little hangon filter with a plant for a long time. Never knew what plant to put in there. Now i know :) thanks.. That fern is realy awsome.

Re: Double Opti White Nano - Cherry/Sakura Breeding Colony

Just finished a water change and was testing the camera so here it goes, and I need a new camera, this one is on its last legs :(

View attachment 46082

Thanks for looking :)

are these tanks still going? were you able to sustain a good population? They look phenomenal, definitely an inspiration for the same size of tanks im setting up at the moment!

Do you use that Braun electric brush on the tanks??? :0

are these tanks still going? were you able to sustain a good population? They look phenomenal, definitely an inspiration for the same size of tanks im setting up at the moment!
Still going but no longer have the white pearl, they did not breed that well and eventually all males left which died one by one since these shrimp don't live that long.
Do you use that Braun electric brush on the tanks??? :0
Off course :)
Paulo,
Unfortunately I cannot see the images other than the first one. Sounds good though.
Most should still be up, at least on the later pages!
Great man cave:cool:...awesome nanos:)
Indeed ;) thanks Tim

photos work fine for me

BUT I do notice that the annual photo date was missed ;)

Still going but no longer have the white pearl, they did not breed that well and eventually all males left which died one by one since these shrimp don't live that long.

Off course :)

Most should still be up, at least on the later pages!

Indeed ;) thanks Tim

did your cherries continue to breed? is the tank heated? :)

did your cherries continue to breed? is the tank heated? :)
Yes still breeding and so are the yelllows, no heaters just room temp, shrimp do better in lower temps anyway 18-20C

Back