• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Double Opti White - Cherry/Sakura/White Pearl Breeding Colony

Re: Double Opti White Nano - Cherry/Sakura Breeding Colony

Beautiful tanks! Looks like your wonderful shrimp are having a nice life there!
regards,
fandango

Awesome!! A great combination with moss/rock/anubia petite on the right side! your shrimp seems like a SLB supporters! :lol:

Off-topic: Congratulations for the championship, i guess your dragoon on avatar means something! ;)

fandango said:
Beautiful tanks! Looks like your wonderful shrimp are having a nice life there!
regards,
fandango
Many thanks :)

JoãoLopes said:
Awesome!! A great combination with moss/rock/anubia petite on the right side! your shrimp seems like a SLB supporters! :lol:
Many thanks João :) they are tripeiros in disguise! ;)

JoãoLopes said:
Off-topic: Congratulations for the championship, i guess your dragoon on avatar means something! ;)
Off course it means a lot ;) and thanks, one more trophy in the bag :) Porto Porto Olé Porto Porto Olé!!

Hi Paulo,
still looking great, and the right tank has certainly matured with the moss in particular looking very natural.
In the left hand tank what is the fern at the rear (submerged), is it a type of bolbitis?
Cheers,
Ady.

Ady34 said:
Hi Paulo,
still looking great, and the right tank has certainly matured with the moss in particular looking very natural.
In the left hand tank what is the fern at the rear (submerged), is it a type of bolbitis?
Cheers,
Ady.
Thanks Ady, its getting there, a lot of neglect on all my tanks at the moment, you don't want to see the others lol the plant at the top is indeed bolbitis, its been in the tank since the start but only recently has taken off, I gave it a little more room to grow and it liked that, before was hidden behind the rock.

schruz said:
Amaazing tanks! Good job an making low-techs look like high-techs.
Many thanks :) I did dose TPN+ a couple months back to see the effect but I got algea instead so I stopped dosing it again, since then things are recovering, these tanks don't need any ferts lol

Such nice tanks need some more fancy shrimp in them :D

Piece-of-fish said:
Such nice tanks need some more fancy shrimp in them :D
Cheers :) So nice of you to offer some free shrimp for me to house, think they are too small and unstable for anything other than cherries lol

malawistu said:
Amazing looking tanks I'm just in the planing stage of a 30l shrimp tank was thinking about having something growing out at the back but dont know what yet are these tanks heated at all and what volume are they
Many thanks, these are 12 liter tanks and there is on heater, the one on the left has a 300lph hob filter the one on the right is only 200lph (the 300lph broke which might have to replace soon, does need the 300lph).

i like your new tank alot, nice and bright with a feeling of space,what are the tank dimensions? great work.all the best ,skankypup. :D

skankypup said:
i like your new tank alot, nice and bright with a feeling of space,what are the tank dimensions? great work.all the best ,skankypup. :D
Many thanks, the tanks are 30cm wide, 25cm deep and 20cm high, 12 litres if not mistaken.

pariahrob said:
Great journal. I'm planning a shrimp only tank and this is great food for thought and inspiration. Love the ferns!
Rob
Thanks Rob, glad your enjoyed the tanks, these are the ultimate low tech, no ferts, no co2, prune once every 2-3 months and water changes every 2 months lol I usually just top up the 2 litres that evaporate every week.

Just finished a water change and was testing the camera so here it goes, and I need a new camera, this one is on its last legs :(

7236796086_1122b8f2de_c.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Amazing tanks Dragon, inspiring. Quick query, how many litres are they? I just got a 14 ltr, and planned crypts, java fern and some mosses. Again, same wanted a easy low tech tank for shrimp. Noticed a minimal layer of sand, so assume nothing is planted, and all attached plants?

Do you keep heaters in each? and if not what's your room temp at a guess? Are the shrimp happy at this temp?

Well done mate, looks awesome.

Lush, those shrimp look awesome highlighted against the greens!

Double Opti White Nano - Cherry/Sakura Breeding Colony

LondonDragon said:
Just finished a water change and was testing the camera so here it goes, and I need a new camera, this one is on its last legs :(

7236796086_1122b8f2de_c.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

These are gorgeous paulo. Very nice. Did you manage to find out what the name of your filter fern is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks so vibrant and healthy Paulo ! Must be lovely having them to look at while you work :thumbup: What are the light units you are using ?

sr20det said:
Amazing tanks Dragon, inspiring. Quick query, how many litres are they? I just got a 14 ltr, and planned crypts, java fern and some mosses. Again, same wanted a easy low tech tank for shrimp. Noticed a minimal layer of sand, so assume nothing is planted, and all attached plants?

Do you keep heaters in each? and if not what's your room temp at a guess? Are the shrimp happy at this temp?

Many thanks :) they are both 12 liters, just the sand, it slopes to the corners specially to the highest corner and the only thing that is planted is the crypts on the left hand tank everything else is attached to meshes/wood/rocks or wires.

There are no heaters in the tanks and the temps drop to around 18-20C in the winter, at the moment they are 23C. Shrimp are happier at lower temps anyway unless they are Sulawesi which need 27-30C.

Ady34 said:
Lush, those shrimp look awesome highlighted against the greens!
Thanks :) got some really nice reds on Friday from Freshwatershrimp that are stunning ;)

Alastair said:
These are gorgeous paulo. Very nice. Did you manage to find out what the name of your filter fern is
Many thanks :) not yet, I still haven't got around to send a sample to Darrell, must get that sorted soon!

Antipofish said:
Looks so vibrant and healthy Paulo ! Must be lovely having them to look at while you work :thumbup: What are the light units you are using ?
Many thanks, those are 11w units purchased at a local LFS, the £12 units from IKEA did the same job but these look much nicer, but at £40 a pop not the cheapest option.

I love these Paulo :D

What lights from Ikea are you talking about above this post ?

Regards

LondonDragon said:
sr20det said:

Many thanks :) they are both 12 liters, just the sand, it slopes to the corners specially to the highest corner and the only thing that is planted is the crypts on the left hand tank everything else is attached to meshes/wood/rocks or wires.

There are no heaters in the tanks and the temps drop to around 18-20C in the winter, at the moment they are 23C. Shrimp are happier at lower temps anyway unless they are Sulawesi which need 27-30C.

Thanks mate, do you dose EasyCarbo or anything? Do the shrimp breed well in the tanks? I like the red shrimp against the white sand. A lot of food for thought there, and best of all, Maintanance isnt excessive from the sounds? Hmmmmm

Back