• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano fish recommendations

Ruskie

So I’ve finally (hopefully) gotten over the BGA disaster in my tank and I feel now is the time to start thinking about adding some more livestock in. Exciting.

Tank is 45L 50x30x30 cm and currently only homes 5x RCS and 2x Nerite snails.

I’d quite like a shoal of the same fish so obviously they need to be small so the tank can accommodate them.

Im hoping to add a couple of Ottos and just have a small shoal of maybe 10? chilli rasboras or something of similar size.
Does that stocking quantity sound about right?

Appreciate everyone has their own opinion on nice fish but does anybody have any suggestions that I can go away and research?

I completely agree that a nano tank looks best as a species tank with a shoal of just one type.

Chilli rasboras are stunning, and ember tetras are pretty good too. I reckon ten or a dozen of either would be a good level. I think you could keep three ottos if you target them with appropriate food (algae wafers, boiled courgette or cucumber, wilted kale, etc). They like to be in a group.

Of course your 5 RCS will become 50 before you know it, but their bioload is very low.

Must admit I’d never considered Corys as I thought they would be too big for my tank.

I’ll have a look into the suggestions, thanks.

Any more worth considering I can look into?

Must admit I’d never considered Corys as I thought they would be too big for my tank.

I’ll have a look into the suggestions, thanks.

Any more worth considering I can look into?
pygmy Corydoras are not much bigger than a red cherry shrimp!

Here's a video from a friend of mine!

72bd6bedef3297ecbfaaac03fb86a52d.jpg

Dwarf Cories are:) cute, my favourite is the C. habrosus aka Dainty Cory. C. hastatus are nice too aka Tail Spot Cory. Celestial Pearl Danios are very nice as are Rosy Loaches. Any dwarf Rasbora, Boraras maculatus are a little beauty.

I've found otos will school with the pygmy cories, they get on well. Got some three spot rasboras in the tank with them, can recommend

Anybody had any experience with albino neons?
LFS had some in the other day. They looked really nice and I was quite tempted but decided against it as I wasn’t sure if they suffered from disease as much as the normal neons do.

Anybody had any experience with albino neons?
LFS had some in the other day. They looked really nice and I was quite tempted but decided against it as I wasn’t sure if they suffered from disease as much as the normal neons do.
I’ve no experience but I could only imagine they would be worse health wise. I recon they would be pretty inbred. I could be wrong though!

cheers

conor

Back