• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Fluval Flora 30l

LondonDragon said:
easerthegeezer said:
Nice looking nano paulo, low tech nanos are so satisfying!!
Do your hamshorns float about the tank and at the surface?? Mine do in all my tanks... :crazy:
Thanks Iain, yes they do that in all my tanks too, the craziest thing ever lol

thanks, i was beginning to think it was just mine that are a bit 'special' :)

sr20det said:
Any plans for fish, or a dedicated yellow shrimp tank?
I have tested the tank with 3 types of fish and they all keep jumping out the tank and because of the wood there is not way to place the cover, so it will remain just as a shrimp tank for now.

Aqua sobriquet said:
I thought Shrimp climb out as well if you don't have a lid on?
If you leave a 2cm gap at the top then they are ok. just don't fill it to the brim!

LondonDragon said:
Aqua sobriquet said:
I thought Shrimp climb out as well if you don't have a lid on?
If you leave a 2cm gap at the top then they are ok. just don't fill it to the brim!
Thats good info to know, when im cycled an ready i could have ended up with shrimp lemmings!

LondonDragon said:
sr20det said:
Any plans for fish, or a dedicated yellow shrimp tank?
I have tested the tank with 3 types of fish and they all keep jumping out the tank and because of the wood there is not way to place the cover, so it will remain just as a shrimp tank for now.

Cool, could add some flexi netting, on a frame that would stretch over the wood? But if it is to be a dedicated shrimp then yeah, why not. Those yellow shrimp are lovely.

I think i need to get some more red ramshorn snails, got a few (well 3 I think) but I think I need more, dont think mine are breeding yet.

quick update, disaster struck! Found a dragon fly in my study last week and last night noticed another larvae in the tank, so to get it out had to strip the tank down :( now have to replant it all again, maybe tomorrow! :? :?

So here is how it looks at the moment lol

imag0139qk.jpg

:? :?

LondonDragon said:
quick update, disaster struck! Found a dragon fly in my study last week and last night noticed another larvae in the tank, so to get it out had to strip the tank down :( now have to replant it all again, maybe tomorrow! :? :?

imag0139qk.jpg

Damn, sad news, good thing mind, heard they have a taste for shrimp.

LondonDragon said:

Apologies for my ignorance, but what is so bad about a dragon fly that it warrants stripping the whole tank down?

Back