• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

[NANO] Fluval Flora 30l

Great looking tank and shrimp! Never come across dragonfly larvae being a problem before in aquariums :wideyed:. Always thought more of an issue for ponds. Vicious and effective predators though. Apparently H R Geiger used them as part of his inspiration for the xenomorph out of the alien films. Very inspirational nano though, I definately want a shrimp nano now after my next tank. :thumbup:

thanks for the journal Paulo! aquarium looks great.
will be starting a dennerle 30 in a couple of weeks and this is definitely my main inspiration.

Many thanks :)

Here how the tank looks at the moment, haven't done much with it other than bring the rocks forward as the Sulawesi like them and means I can see them more often.

8136669070_a8b1e6f087_z.jpg

Spot the two Sulawesi species.
8136638665_c89e8a615b_z.jpg

Thanks for looking

logi-cat said:
do you dose any ferts in this tank? if so how often?
No ferts on this one, just a 10-20% water change weekly or every two weeks.

This one is still going also, thought I had updated it already! unless I posted somewhere else! lol
Sulawesi are now gone, they do not like tap water, if you thinking about it, you will need RO with minerals.

Here how it looks at the moment.

pict0004mo.jpg

pict0029o.jpg

pict0032wq.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

Looks amazing mate! To be completely honest...it's this tank that inspired mine :)
Thanks, just noticed the last two photos were the same too! lol have updated it.

Some shots of the shrimp, these are now starting to build up in numbers and the colour still looking great:

P1120354.jpg
P1120327.jpg

This one is still going also, I still have not trimmed it once since planting!! Some of the anubias are now getting too big!

2013-09-09 23.04.25.jpg

This is very low tech and very slow growing! lol

2013-09-09 23.02.55.jpg

How it looks in the home office, if you haven't seen the other thread!! ;)

Cant believe ive not come across this one with my searches, looks fantastic, unbelievable that its low tech and never trimmed in over a year

Superb Paulo :)

The emersed growth on the double optiwhites looks immense!
Gotta love the shrimp nano's :)

I was going to comment on your red shrimp with the white legs, but that office is perfection lol, i love the desk, flooring and the contrast from those nano tanks. Such a classy/comfy looking room. love it:eek:

Thanks guys :) I do tend to spend a fair bit of time in this room so I do enjoy my little nanos, even though I do change much on them lol also the ambient light it creates is great while I am in there.

I have been looking at your nano tanks for some time now and am fascinated, I currently have a 30 litre nano empty atm and was going to start mineralising some dirt for a low tech tank, can I please ask as you only have gravel as substrate and don't dose ferts how do your plants do so well? I'm looking for a suitable filter too, any suggestions?
cracking study, if I win the lottery this weekend I'll buy the lot and transplant it here to sunny Weston super Mud;)

Many thanks, I only chose very easy slow growing plants, mainly anubias, there are 4-5 varies in there, needle fern, bolbitis, also I only keep shrimp in the tank, mind you shrimp are messy guys I think their waste is enough to keep the plants going, I only feed them 1-2 a week. Light is only 11w and I only keep them on for 5 hours per day. In terms of filters I use what came with the tank, very small internal which has a small spraybar, works well for this tank.

The key is always to fill the tank up with plants from the start, rather than building it up as you go along, I spent about £40-50 on plants for this tank at the start and now just enjoy it. I have tried some mosses and they don't seem to do well in this tank but everything else is fine.

I did try to dose some micro at one stage but got an outbreak of algae so stopped and went back to no dosing at all.

Back