• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano forest aquascape, 45x30x30

CooKieS

Hi there,

Time to start a new journal! :happy:

160719111117740047.jpg

Specs;

-45x30x30(cm), optiwhite tank
-chihiros aquasky 451
-eheim ecco pro
-jbl u500 CO2

Hardscape;

-black scale rocks
-nano tree roots
-Ada Colorado sand
-Ada aqua Gravel S
-tropica soil+powder+jbl volcano

Plants;

-mosses (A lot!)
-bucephalandra
-anubia petite
-elatine hydropiper
-hydrocotyle
-bolbitis
-ferns

Day 1: playing with the hardscape

1607241040362964.jpg

Any hardscape or plants suggestions are very welcome! Thanks:thumbup:

Cheers,
Thierry

Last edited:
1 or 3. Those crooked rocks give it a real organic feel. #2 is more classic more suited for straight up diorama I reckon. Lovely creations!

I think the second would be the 'easiest' to do, but the others with the crooked rocks offer something different. 1 or 3 could be something special.
The crooked ones remind me of your previous 'wave' okho!

Thanks guys! Let´s do another one based on 1 & 3. ;)

Another question; better solution to have a good start with mosses, dry start with yogurt or superglue? :rolleyes:

I'd try yogurt (remember it's only a very small amount & look for the natural sort without sugar & other additives ... this type is very slow to mold) as anywhere the moss is actually superglued it dies

OTOH I believe super glue is good enough for George ;)

(there's also a video with Amano just chopping it very finely & smearing onto rough ADA stone (koke, sansui???) & then planting up the tank & very gently filling after whatever time (couple hours I'd guess as it was a big tank) - he said enough moss would remain ...)

The pieces of wood on the furthest to the left and on the furthest to the right look amazing! Excited to see how this all grows in. The description may not match the current scape, but do you still plan on using elatine hydropiper?

Thanks!

Yes, I'm still using Elatine H., I'm curious about this plant as it said less fast growing and smaller than HC!

Back