• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano glosso garden

blackwater

Seedling
Hi guys, It's been two weeks since I started this tank. The idea is I just want to experiment to
grow glosso in low-tech nano tank with Iwagumi layout.(just fitted in my kitchen)
I got the rocks from Thailand when I went for holiday also ADA powder soil which is very cheap there,
so this is my tank information:

tank: 20l/4gallon 45x22x20 cm
Substrate: tropica, ADA amazonia 2 and ADA powder amazonia 2
Co2: from yeast also easy carbo 1ml/day
filter: hang on filter
light: boyu PL 18W
Plant: glosso, tenellus, rotala sp.green, HM, parvular
fish: Otto, Ember tetra also cherry red shrimps

50921562.jpg

I ordered 2 potts of glosso and just reliazed 1 pott is more than enough ;)

86781538.jpg

TGM got a bit mixed up with my order so they would send me the rest of my plants tomorrow
I just moisted all the plants in the tank and cling filmed them. Thanks TGM for a free pott of HM!

52231189.jpg

Rotala and HM arrived next day. It didn't take long for me to finish the tank set up.
I prepared myself for the build up of algae on the first week but it wasn't too bad.
66404640.jpg

Now 2 weeks since I started. Glosso has growth so fast also tenellus, things seemed what
I expected so far but they just grew so fast which means more trimming and prunning.
72998564.jpg

Looks like glosso gonna give me a headache but It looks pretty cool!
98959945.jpg

I decided to have Ember tetra. They have orange transparent color and their sizes really suited nano tank.
85526686.jpg

16344767.jpg

I would be happy to hear any comment from anyone to improve my work.

Wow, very nice scape Blackwater.

Excellent growth and very natural looking, just keep an eye on that glosso, or they'll be nothing left but glosso. :lol:

TDI-line said:
Wow, very nice scape Blackwater.
Excellent growth and very natural looking, just keep an eye on that glosso, or they'll be nothing left but glosso. :lol:
Thanks, I'm not quite happy with the result of Glosso. They are kind of leggy. I will keep an eye on them. :?

chump54 said:
that is great growth in 2 weeks! I think (as has been said about my scape :) ) that the rocks are disappearing. do you think trimming the glosso will keep it lower?

are those unusual proportions for the tank? seems very widescreen :) which is cool 8)

Chris
Thanks Chris, tank is wide and shallow so light can get to Glosso properly and yes, that rocks are kind of disappearing.
I will trim the plants on Friday as it will be almost 3 weeks.
I also received comment from friend to increase the light too.( 18W for glosso is too low...)

SteveUK said:
Lovely glosso carpet you've got going there :) I really like the ember tetras. I have some in a 90cm and they're great little fish.
Thanks Steve, they were quite shy and a little nervous when I first got them from Maiden aquatic. I got them on speacial offer like £5 for 8 of them. I went back and bought some more to make them form a bigger shool. :)

stuworrall said:
great amount of growth for two weeks and looking really good. Are you dosing any ferts yet or just co2?
Thanks stuworrall, they do grow fast, a bit too fast actually. I am dosing ADA green bright Step1 every 2 days and
Ferka balance K every 3 days. :)

Looks awsome for two week old tank :) you need to keep on top of the glosso so the carpet doesn't get too thick, otherwise it will start rotting the bottom layers, also the more you trim the more compact it gets and the better looking ;) Good work.

Have to agree with LD,
dont be afraid of trimming the glosso, after that it will come back with smaller leafs and compact growth.

nice tank ;)

Thanks so much guys for your help, I will be trimming them tomorrow and will update more photos soon. :D

Very amazing growth for two weeks, makes me want to try some of the ADA ferts. I think trmmming back the stems hard to an inch or so above the rock work would be good IMO.

Nice work, Tom

TBRO said:
Very amazing growth for two weeks, makes me want to try some of the ADA ferts. I think trmmming back the stems hard to an inch or so above the rock work would be good IMO.

Nice work, Tom

Hi Tom, ADA ferts are quite good but when you use them in immature thank. It tends to create
more algae as it's so rich.

blackwater said:
Hi Tom, ADA ferts are quite good but when you use them in immature thank. It tends to create
more algae as it's so rich.

it's not the ferts that would give you algae. it's more likely the co2 don't match the ferts.

EI blasts that theory unfortunately. i dose extreme EI, with insane lighting and i dont suffer algae.

TBRO said:
I think trmmming back the stems hard to an inch or so above the rock work would be good IMO.

i'd trim them below the rock line, so the new heads appear above the rock line once re grown

Back