• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Gravel Cleaner

sr20det

Whitey89 said:
Save yourself the money, and use a bit of hose. Just be careful with shrimp and fish ;)
And suck up all my gravel? Molar clay is so light it will suck up faster then debris. Hence, the jbl has a mesh system leaving gravel. Sure I could DIY something. But by the time I have thought the bits and tools to make my own would have spent 10+ I would have thought.

Whitey89 said:
I use it on my aqua soil a piece of cake.
Just keep it a little off the surface.

Adapt and overcome my friend, Adapt and overcome.

I can see debris 1cm into the substrate. So I really need to ruffle the substrate to get things dis-lodged.

Whitey89 said:
Tape some cocktail sticks to the end and stir it up as you go along? ADAPT! :p

Its an option, but something long term, reliable, and solid. As metioned, if I had some pipes laying about would have given it a go, but dont. And look for a mesh size that allows debris to pass but stops gravel.

For whats cost £10-13 Its just seems the aggro involved and cost better off buying off the shelf.

Whitey89 said:
I found pipes more easily worked, as the rigidity of the plastic pipe of the 'Gravel cleaner' makes manoeuvring around obstacles quite difficult.

But your choice :)

A narrow pipe with its bending ability is apealing. Same time, something more custom might work better.

The Dennerle is narrow and long

The JBL has a mesh and covers more ground.

I would need some lilly pipe to make an intake, and some mesh of some sort. Anyone got any they are will to send to me, lol

Back