• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

nano lighting

Ive got one of these, I can check it for you later, let you know the bulb type, etc, although Im sure you can get replacements when the time comes.

Remember that the one you linked to has a marine bulb (according to the ad) which may need replacing before use, but it does say its 6500k so if might be ok.

Sam

Thanks for replying. I think I'll go for those lights then. It seems stupid that the 2 arc pods would cost double what I'm paying for the tank! Which is opti white! lol
Remember that the one you linked to has a marine bulb (according to the ad) which may need replacing before use, but it does say its 6500k so if might be ok.
yes, I saw it said 6500k so assumed they used the word 'marine' for no reason, just because it sounded aquatic or something. It does say that it's for PLANT growth... I bought a marine light once when my lfs ran out of freshwater bulbs just for 'something' over the tank. It was about 12000k I think. So I'm assuming this one at 6500k would be designed for freshwater plants?

Yes and no, the K rating is a measure of the colour of the light produced, but it tells you the nothing spectrum. Marine tubes tend to have lots of blue, which is bad as it encourages algae (which is necessaru for corals), but you could (I reckon) have a 6500k tube that also produces lots of blue light.

I guess at the end of the day we are probably getting into too much detailed here, I suspect (and assuming its the same as the one I have) it'll be fine. The picture shows a white light so should be OK.

If you want you can have my one? I never use it. Just cover postage and its yours? I only used it for a few days so its pretty much brand new.

Sam

If you want you can have my one? I never use it. Just cover postage and its yours? I only used it for a few days so its pretty much brand new.

Wow yeah I'm definately up for that! I'm rubbish at paypal. I can just about sort ebay because it does it for you. Could I put some cash or a cheque in the post for you? Thanks so much!!

Back