• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano low tech dosing?

AdAndrews

Hi guys, i have the following set up now:

35litre tank
2x8w t5=16w/8(gallons) its 2wpg, which on a nano i belive would be classed as low tech,
oliver knotts nature soil,

what should i be dosing on this, i plan to do water changes very very little, so dose wise i was thinking of just putting in 3.5ml easycarbo and 3.5ml of tpn+ weekly,

what would you suggest?

thanks
Adam

AdAndrews said:
..35litre tank
2x8w t5=16w/8(gallons) its 2wpg, which on a nano i belive would be classed as low tech,
oliver knotts nature soil...
Hi,
Actually, this counts as high tech.
Low tech is defined as non-CO2 - but you are enriching with liquid CO2, therefore this will produce higher growth rates than typically found in low tech tanks. The enrichment of Carbon is what determines whether a tank is high tech, not the equipment.
AdAndrews said:
what should i be dosing on this, i plan to do water changes very very little, so dose wise i was thinking of just putting in 3.5ml easycarbo and 3.5ml of tpn+ weekly..
If you plan on very very little water changes then the standard procedure is to delete the Carbon enrichment entirely, otherwise you could easily have problems.

Cheers,

Agree with Ceg... If you are planning to add a carbon source and ferts, no water changes is a risky business...

My approach would be to not add the carbon, add minimal ferts and do few water changes... But I am lazy and accept slight algae amounts and slower plant growth in return for an easy life... You pay your money and take your choice...

Back