• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano NatureScape

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Put this together yesterday afternoon in a SuperFish 30cm cube I had knocking around the garage. It might change, I won't be planting it for a few days yet.
Not sure if it's wholly appropriate to post this in journals 'cause I'm not sure if it's going to turn out to be much of a keeper, but hey it'll tide me over till I decide what I'm going to do next...
There's a layer of soil under the sand, a 1:1 mix of peat and ericaceous compost. I'll be tearing down Windswept Eternity and transferring the CO2, so it'll be an injected soil tank.
Not sure which plants I'm going to use, or for that matter where I'm going to put them - the hardscape is a bit overwhelming - but I'll probably reuse some from Windswept.

34104930272_b9122603cc_c.jpg

34261867225_55b560fc31_c.jpg

The sand is a nice sized mixture.. :) Where do you find something like that? I guess this will boom, plants on composted soil, peat and co2..
I've seen those superfish tanks before, they looked like pretty solid tanks, tho in the trade they seem to be gone.. Is that and older sold out serie?

@Nelson thanks Neil...thought I'd give it a go:rolleyes:
It's actually my first attempt at a nano scape, I bought the tank a while ago and haven't done that much with it.

Pool filter sand? 0,40-0,80 Hmm, have to look around for a pool shop.. Kinda like the multi color, goes wel together with that corkscrewed wood... Most sand i come across is rather just white or just biege. :) Most sand i find for decarative purpose are much to neet and not decarative at all.

@Fiske thanks, it was going to be a rock only scape, the wood was added as an afterthought. Either way, the cover it provides will be appreciated by critters and I need more planting space for epiphytes.

exactly, the wood wraps around the stones :) but I think the small stones - low left - disturb somehow the harmony of the picture; maybe placing them directly onto the sand ? as for plants , it looks straightforward to me : mosses +/- M. hirsuta +/- Cuba ( which could grow semi emersed on the top rock )

Yes indeed i also noticed these little cubic sharp edged stones at first glans. But ok, it still needs to be planted, some moss in there and Yahtzee!
Will look like a charme once this is grown in..

@Stu Worrall thanks Stu, I'm lucky in that I've got a fair bit to choose from, which makes life a little easier.

@Eduard18 I know what you mean, there's no substrate to plant in there, it's all rock. Some of the stones may be covered in moss to help it take hold, or used as anchors for epiphytes, or may yet be removed depends how creative I can get with the super glue or twine; either way I'm hoping it'll make more sense when it's planted;)

@zozo Haha...Marcel I was in the middle of writing the above when you posted:)

Pool filter sand? 0,40-0,80 Hmm, have to look around for a pool shop.. Kinda like the multi color, goes wel together with that corkscrewed wood... Most sand i come across is rather just white or just biege. :) Most sand i find for decarative purpose are much to neet and not decarative at all.
In the Netherlands Wildkamp is selling pool filter sand ad decent prizes.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Moto G (4) met Tapatalk

Back