• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Nature Window

Natureaddict

Seedling
Hi everyone from Sunny South Africa! :)

I'm starting this journal in slight retrospect. Tank has been set up for four days now and seems to be coming along well, but it's early days yet... Without further a do, here are the specs:

Tank: 46x33x30cm
Lighting: 2 x 24w t5ho (6500k) diy
Substrate: ADA powersand, ADA Aquasoil, cage gravel.
Filtration: Aquaclear 30
Co2: Ista 0.5l

Flora:
Anubias Nana
Java Fern Windelov
HC
Crypto (not sure the exact type)
Lysimachia nummularia aurea
Dwarf Hair Grass
& some others (lol, no idea what species)

I will post regular updates and would appreciate any advice, constructive criticism and comments...

Hi @Troi, thanks for the welcome!! :) Photos aren't uploading from my phone unfortunately, but will post some tonight from my PC... Lots to share and lots to ask!

Planning the hardscape...

Attachments

• image2 (1).JPG
    image2 (1).JPG
    433.9 KB · Views: 193
  • image3.JPG
    image3.JPG
    470.2 KB · Views: 216
Time to add substrate

Attachments

• image4.JPG
    image4.JPG
    670.4 KB · Views: 194
  • image5.JPG
    image5.JPG
    546.7 KB · Views: 204
  • image6.JPG
    image6.JPG
    350.8 KB · Views: 205
  • image7 (1).JPG
    image7 (1).JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 185
Time to Plant! :nailbiting:

Attachments

• image2 (2).JPG
    image2 (2).JPG
    265 KB · Views: 204
  • image1 (1).JPG
    image1 (1).JPG
    606.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image3 (1).JPG
    image3 (1).JPG
    524.1 KB · Views: 201
  • image4 (1).JPG
    image4 (1).JPG
    430.6 KB · Views: 204
:) Lol, tank has been running for 2 weeks now, started this journal in retrospect @Troi thanks for the kind words

On the day of planting...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    952.8 KB · Views: 190
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 181
So this brings us to the present day. There are some positives and negatives to this tank. My Co2 ran out after 1 week, despite it being filled prior to the tank being set up. It was obvious that it was not filled up completely at my LFS, as the previous fill from them lasted over 2 months. My bad luck, they have run out themselves and are the only local LFS to refill my type of bottle. will be purchasing some excel to supplement in the meantime. This has resulted in absolute devastation to the HC carpet :arghh: the rest however seems to be growing well despite the lack of Co2. The driftwood is leaching serious amounts of tannin, which means a nice tea colored tank, which I'm not too fond of, but it should dissipate in time. If the HC doesn't recover, I may either buy more, and start again, or just replace it with a slightly easier carpet plant. I am currently dosing with the Seachem range of ferts, including:

Flourish
Nitrogen
Potassium
& Phosphate

(Please mind the mess around the tank :D )

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 207
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 187
Back