• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano tank recomendation please

hixy

Hello folks,I would like to buy a nano tank that comes with enough lighting for most plants.I have looked at the dennerle 30i or was thinking about the arcadia arc 35l with 2 11 watt arc lights.what do you think.Also is it possible to keep a planted nano without c02.Could i use flourish excel instead.

Kind regards mick

hi, i have the superfish aqua-qube 40, and it looks great and has decent lighting. but i don't know how it performs yet, as i haven't filled it yet! :lol:

however, it comes with a rubbish filter, so i'm going to replace my filter. wish i had money and room for an external and lilly pipes. :(

cheers :D

There's always ADA tanks that aren't too much more expensive than some others. Needs to add your own filtration and lighting though. I've just taken delivery of my TMC 8L Nano from pfk, bit small though!

If you're interested in ADA tanks, I'd suggest you take a look at NeilW's journal, not set up yet, but you can see how you don't need expensive lily pipes and externals.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=13401

I agree with luke, get the best your budget will stretch to. An opti white tank would look really good. If you get in to this hobby you will probably Want to upgrade everything anyway, do buying things in seprates is probably the way to go. But again all depends on your goals.

I personally don't think optiwhites are worth it in nano form, yes the look is slicker but side by side with water the differences at this scale are negligible. Ask your LFS if they can make you a tank to your required size, I was quoted £17 for a 1foot cube, of course that's sans lighting but it's a huge saving compared to the £100+ pounds you'd pay from some manufacturers or the £80 ish you'd pay for a similar nano from ADA. Of course take your pick and decide which is for you but if this is your first tank and you don't want to splash out loads then an off the peg from someone like clearseal or a cheap custom through a LFS is the perfect way to go.

Of course what ever option you take an external is what you'll always want on a nano, not just for aesthetics but to increase water volume and stability of the water quality so factor this in, don't get disheartend by their expense, know where to look second hand and things like the ehiem 2213 can be found very reasonably.

Thanks for replys. :D I have seen in my lfs fluval chi aquariums. I really like the look of them though the lights are not very good.Could someone recommend a light for the fluval chi.

kind regards mick

hixy said:
Thanks for replys. :D I have seen in my lfs fluval chi aquariums. I really like the look of them though the lights are not very good.Could someone recommend a light for the fluval chi.

kind regards mick

I'd imagine it'd be tricky because the light is also the filter, although I think you could remove the whole thing and fit your own filter.

I'd suggest that you'd be wasting your money buying a chi, regardless of how impressed with their aesthetics you are. A "true" nano will be much better suited to fishkeeping than any lifestyle product one.

Garuf said:
I'd suggest that you'd be wasting your money buying a chi, regardless of how impressed with their aesthetics you are. A "true" nano will be much better suited to fishkeeping than any lifestyle product one.

Plus Hagen have actually brought out a plant nano and a shrimp nano, both are probably better suited and actually I think they are the same tank just better or similar.

Hello folks i have bought a fluval edge tank.firstly has someone got a link for the upgraded leds.Also what co2 system would you recommend for the tank if i need one.

kind regards mick

Back