• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano tank recommendations

Adam-S

Seedling
Hi All, new to forum but very experienced fish keeper (~10 years). I currently have a Fluval Roma 125 which has been running a while. Wanted a new nano project as something a bit different. I'm mainly looking for what my actual physical tank options are currently. Not sure what products are out there and which ones are rated. I'm looking for between 10-25L (if its on the smaller end will just do a scape and shrimp, if its more like 25L then might put some fish in eg of the tiny rasbora kind).

Thanks in advance for everyones input.

I can't sing the aquanano tanks praises highly enough - got the 55L. Everything contained in the back, it makes it brilliant for just plonking down pretty much anywhere without filter and pipes jutting out anywhere.

It's got curved corners but I think most of the nano tanks do, which can affect photography and you don't have anything but a black background - actually appealed to me, but all in all I highly recommend.

Would definitely upgrade the single 10w led if you're wanting to go anything other than low tech. Which reminds me think I was harsh in criticising their LEDs as 2 of the 10w's are going great and to quote an all too often mantra here, my glosso problems were CO2 relate. I must update that thread!

All the best

I'm looking into the same thing at the minute, the fluval spec 19l is what I'm going to end up with I think

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I've recently been struck by the nano bug. Check out the Dennerle nano cubes, they do 10, 20, 30 and a bigger 60L. If you just want the tank only like me, you get glass cover, black background and all of them have curved front corners. Ordering a 30L next week.

We have the larger Dennerle tank which as Smellsfishy says is a lovely tank, particularly because the cover is very useful.

I also run two Juwel Vios which are very easy low tech tanks for Shrimp colonies, the LED is very low powered, although I use a sponge filters rather then the Juwel internals.

Hi!
I have a Dennerle Nano Cube 20 l complete. Comes with everything inside, including Nano Light 11w, Nano DeponitMix and Sulawesi Black substrate. The only weak point is filter. Is a corner filter, with one single filtration medium that must be clean at least two times per week and give a very poor biological filtration. Only after I attached the extension, filled with mini Siporax, start to work properly even if the flow rate decreased. With only a rudimentary CO2 addition (Tropica 60) plants grow very nice and healthy.
But, for next project I will prefere the 30 l complete; in 20 l nano is very difficult to play with roots and moss.

Hi
you have plenty of possibilities - depends on what scape you plan and what dimension can you accommodate.
I have Dennerle Nano Cube 30l and I like it, thought I struggle to use the height potential - it's 35cm tall.
Have a look at Ada 60f - same volume but very different dimensions and very different scaping possibilities
I like the dimensions of Dennerle Scaper's Tanks, there are 2 sizes 35l and 50l - more depth and less height

Thank you very much for the input all, I in fact went for the AquaOne Aspire 22, as I went into the evil chain pet shop that shall not be named (it's next to my supermarket and I just needed plant clips) and it was substantially reduced so just decided to go for it. Pics to follow in a new thread when I get round to scaping it.

Thanks again :)

Aquaone or fluval with the built in sump/back filters are superb, very stylish and functional; once you get one of them, it's hard to go back to anything else

Thank you very much for the input all, I in fact went for the AquaOne Aspire 22, as I went into the evil chain pet shop that shall not be named (it's next to my supermarket and I just needed plant clips) and it was substantially reduced so just decided to go for it. Pics to follow in a new thread when I get round to scaping it.

Thanks again :)
I have picked up two from P@H when they have been on offer. £55 for the tank, lid, heater and filter (admittedly a bit pants) is a great price for a nice looking tank. I think the heater is about £20 on its own. This time I also got a £5 fish voucher (which will go on a couple of horned nerites)

I have picked up two from P@H when they have been on offer. £55 for the tank, lid, heater and filter (admittedly a bit pants) is a great price for a nice looking tank. I think the heater is about £20 on its own. This time I also got a £5 fish voucher (which will go on a couple of horned nerites)
Was this recently?

Back