• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano tanks section

John Starkey

Hi Mods,just a thought,wouldnt it be a good idea to have a section dedicated to nano tanks,dont know if that would be too much trouble to set up,regards john.

It might be good to have different sections in the journals area, not just nano but styles as well. Plus a beginners/first scape area might be a nice idea. Not sure if that's possible as I've noticed you've only gone to a depth of one everywhere else.

There's currently not enough posts to start splitting the topics and creating new ones for nano's, etc.

A large number of people find it extremely difficult to post under the correct topic heading as it is, which takes up lots of the mods time in moving the threads to the correct area. Creating subforums will only make this worse and more time consuming.

James

i think there is already too many journals its confusing, i think there should be distinct sub-forums, for example, either new/1st tank journals, high tech low tech etc or by scape ex: iwagumi, jungle, nature, dutch, it definately needs some organisation.

fozziebear said:
i think there is already too many journals its confusing, i think there should be distinct sub-forums, for example, either new/1st tank journals, high tech low tech etc or by scape ex: iwagumi, jungle, nature, dutch, it definately needs some organisation.
What is even more confusing is someone trying to decide where to put their 1st time journal which is a high tech jungle with a dutch flavour.

James

Hmmm, every fibre in my body wants to 'organise' the forum into neat little categories... however I take the point that we're not quite at the size where it needs to be organised like that! :lol:

Egmel said:
SteveUK said:
Egmel said:
Hmmm, every fibre in my body wants to 'organise' the forum into neat little categories... however I take the point that we're not quite at the size where it needs to be organised like that! :lol:

Step away from the white plastic tubs Helen... :lol: :p
Awww but it could be so neat and tidy and you'd always know where to find everything! :lol:

For anyone wondering what on earth we're talking about
I do think that the tub arrangement isn't quite aligned? One is in front of the other? I don't know how you dare. ;)

Superman said:
I do think that the tub arrangement isn't quite aligned? One is in front of the other? I don't know how you dare. ;)
It's because of the stuff behind the right hand column, but it's ok because my ukaps tool kit stands neatly in front of the left hand side and lines everything up again :) yes I am sad enough to have noticed and thought about it!

Thomas McMillan said:
Helen, I feel your pain! ;)
hehe, I'm sure it's getting worse, Our supervisor came in the other day and complained that the robot lab was looking a state, my colleague commented it was because there were lots of little bits... he reckoned we needed a drawer... My mind went straight to one of those tool boxes with lots of little compartments, I was practically offering to tidy up a lab I have nothing to do with... I would say I need to get out more but I'm hardly at home as it is! :rolleyes: :lol:

Hi guys, i don't think we're gonna go with the nano section as we think it'll be confusing. For instance, if you have algae in your nano, where do you up it? "nano" or "algae"? If you need a filter for your nano, where do you put it? "nano" or "hardware"? Adding more sections makes the forum harder to navigate in our opinion.

Would agree with that one Dan, but I would keep in mind the idea of segmenting the journal section when it gets bigger. :)

Thanks for the feedback :D

Tonser said:
I think just splitting in journal section into 2 or 3 subsections, based on size would be great :D
Maybe we should make a recommended title format, a bit like the Buy sell and swap section.

[size][tech][type]name

So mine could be:

[30USG][High][Jungle] The Upgrade

Any of the sections could be left blank and then if you're a newbie it could be something '[20USG][?][?] testing the water'

Since the sections are free-form you could also alter to suit your style...
[30USG][Low now High][Dutch-ish] My funky tank.

Just my 2p

Back