• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Tropica Aquacube 20x20x20cm [Now planted!]

another update

HC and hairgrass are growing well and the HC has had several trims to keep it low. Unfortunately the HG is melting and I now have a few holes :( Not sure what else I can do for the UG as the co2 is up high and flow good and dosing TPN+ so im not sure what else it needs. If it all fails then Ill have to replace it with HC or something else.

fissidens is fitted and could probably do with another trim.

heres some pics

img86481.jpg

img86471.jpg

aaronnorth said:
i have heard UG doesnt like nutrient rich substartes, not sure if its true or not :?:
samc said:
you could be right there aaron. all the people who have grown it well all seem to use the same fert system. cant remember what but ill look it up
mm, not much inert gravel in here im afraid. Might try it in some gravel if I ever get hold of any again.
Superman said:
Looks great Stu, hope that one day my HC fills out like yours.
Cheers clark. laods of co2 and trimming on this one
rawr said:
Looking amazing! I love the feel to this scape.
Thanks thomas, your grass is growing well at the back :)

stuworrall said:
another update

HC and hairgrass are growing well and the HC has had several trims to keep it low. Unfortunately the HG is melting and I now have a few holes :( Not sure what else I can do for the UG as the co2 is up high and flow good and dosing TPN+ so im not sure what else it needs. If it all fails then Ill have to replace it with HC or something else.

fissidens is fitted and could probably do with another trim.

Hey stu, how did you fit your fissidens, did you glue it? I only ask as i have some to put in my new tank and i am looking for advice?

Hi Stu,
What I know about UG, it's really a slow grower... sometimes takes 4 to 6 weeks to show signs of growth.

It melts completely and then new sprouts and runners appear. This plant really take your patience to the limit, just keep giving it ferts and co2, with proper lighting and you will rewarded.

I grew it before in a low tech, just for fun, but never melted for me, but it wouldn't happen again to me... I think it's was just lucky at that time.

George Farmer said:
How's this getting on, Stu?
sorry George, i missed your question.

Well, its going ok. As reported before the UG just melted away to nothing so that was 8 quid down the pan (literally). I might try it again in the future in some inert gravel, maybe in the 10cm cube ive got.

The hairgrass and HC are grwoig really well as im having to trim at least two or three times a week but I do have some fuzz algae on the rock and in the HC which im spot dosing with easy carbo. Will try and get an updated pic of it this weekend.

no picture updates on this at the moment as they are all in camera and need processing but my pc isnt plugged in at the mo. So, I borrowed my wifes compact tonight and made a little video of the tank.

Heres the link to the video - http://www.flickr.com/photos/sworrall/3891367298/

Not sure if it can be embedded on this forum with the below? anybody know?

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="480" data="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000"> <param name="flashvars" value="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=6ce195abdb&photo_id=3891367298&flickr_show_info_box=true"></param> <param name="movie" value="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377"></param> <param name="bgcolor" value="#000000"></param> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://www.flickr.com/apps/video/stewart.swf?v=71377" bgcolor="#000000" allowfullscreen="true" flashvars="intl_lang=en-us&photo_secret=6ce195abdb&photo_id=3891367298&flickr_show_info_box=true" height="480" width="640"></embed></object>

looking fab mate.

pearling too! :clap:

you've just made me make the wife go find her compact for the vid mode. we have a HD one but i cant make it go on the PC :?

stuworrall said:
Doesnt her camera just download as a file or something? My wifes is a fuji and it saves them as .mp4

i cant even play the ones from camera. it's and AVI. i'll get the correct player for it. it's crap quailty though.

our HD camcorder is awesome, but i need dedicated software....more expense. pics will have to do i I'm afraid.

BTW your HC looks sweet mate

Back