• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano Tropica Aquacube 20x20x20cm [Now planted!]

just a quick update on the tank. I put 5 cherry shrimp in about a month ago for a mini clean up crew and I had a nice surprise tonight as I found two shrimplets when I was doing a water change :)

The HC carpet has filled the tank now and the grass at the back has gotten pretty thick. will get some pics up soon

stuworrall said:
just a quick update on the tank. I put 5 cherry shrimp in about a month ago for a mini clean up crew and I had a nice surprise tonight as I found two shrimplets when I was doing a water change :)

The HC carpet has filled the tank now and the grass at the back has gotten pretty thick. will get some pics up soon

Show us pics! Congrats on the babies!
My CRS are carrying eggs at the moment, so i hoping for the pitter patter of tiny feet soon! :thumbup: :crazy:

andyh said:
stuworrall said:

Show us pics! Congrats on the babies!
My CRS are carrying eggs at the moment, so i hoping for the pitter patter of tiny feet soon! :thumbup: :crazy:
nice one on the crs andy, ill get around to having some in the future hopefully. Ill get some new pics done this week when I get a minute :)

did some quick pics of the tank tonight with the equipment in. The HC has grown a really thick carpet now but it could do with a blackout to get rid of some stubborn spirogira :( Apologies for the blown highlight but I was just working off the 20w halogen above the tank which tends to light up the big rock!

Other than that its pretty much finished so I may start a new scape soon.

One of the shrimps
img0177ae.jpg

img0187cb.jpg

Full tank
img0184ll.jpg

That looks fantastic. Great photography too. I haven't heard of anyone using a halogen lamp in some time.

Hi stu,
the growth rate in the setup is very impessive,
love it mate, regards john.

Cheers all :)

hydrophyte said:
That looks fantastic. Great photography too. I haven't heard of anyone using a halogen lamp in some time.

Yup its halogen. As advised by Graeme I uprgraded the bulb to 20w which has worked well.

LondonDragon said:
Great work Stu, loving the tank :) shame I didn't buy one of these for £30 when I was offered one at that price!!
I would have snapped their arm off! Of course you then need to get the co2 and the filter but thats damn cheap for one of these.

john starkey said:
Hi stu,
the growth rate in the setup is very impessive,
love it mate, regards john.

Cheers John, Im quite pleased the HC has filled in so well but the UG was a disapointment as I just couldnt grow it :(

I really like that amber color from the halogen. It might just be the photography, but in your pictures it is more attractive than the color you get from low Kelvin fluorescents.

hi Stu, the tank is looking great. i was wondering how you find the azoo 60 HOB im thinking of getting one for my 15L, but i will probably get the Azoo Mignon 150, and sory if i didnt see but what do you use for heating? i was looking at one of them mini heater mat that stick to the inside of the tank or can go under the gravel, aparently they raise the temp to just above ambiant room temperature as it dosent have a thermostat :rolleyes: :crazy: :crazy:

glenn said:
hi Stu, the tank is looking great. i was wondering how you find the azoo 60 HOB im thinking of getting one for my 15L, but i will probably get the Azoo Mignon 150, and sory if i didnt see but what do you use for heating? i was looking at one of them mini heater mat that stick to the inside of the tank or can go under the gravel, aparently they raise the temp to just above ambiant room temperature as it dosent have a thermostat :rolleyes: :crazy: :crazy:

Hi Glenn, the azoo 60 is a great filter. lots of flow for the small nano and its not too big to boot and sits just nicely on the back of the tank. I did have an initial problem with it cutting out on startup when it was trying to prime the tube but sound this was common and it seems to have now run in and doesnt do it as much.

The heating is zero but it stays around 22degrees as its sat on my TV cuboard above the sky box which seems to heat it quite well from beneath through the wood!

cool cool, thanks!
btw, in the end i decided on the Azoo Mignon 150, and for £8 i think its a bragain, so i should be hitting 10x turnover in my 15l but i dont know how good it is for flow with the waterfall effect :rolleyes:
i have also got 2k of mini landscape rock, some easycarbo, Unipac Black Micro Gravel and some spare manzi, so i should be starting my nano journal soon hopfully :crazy: :crazy: once i sort out a planting scheme :?

Just a quick note that I broke this nano down and re-planted it at Vivarium 2010 with Dan and Graeme. Ive taken a quick picture of it below and ill be starting a new journal for it soon. Ill post up the pictures i entered for this years AGA as final pictures.

4487761670_1caf8a7c13_o.jpg

Looking good Stu, what is the stem on the left? any livestock ? Are you running any CO2 ? (I'm sure you will answer all these questions in your journal, I'm just excited for pico scapes at the mo)

I really liked the Tropica cube on the desk at TGM, so tempting but I really can't have another tank, or can I......

Regards, Tom

Back