• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nano30_First attempt

The cyano's gone for more than a week now. There are a few tiny patches on the glass, near the roots of the HC Cuba, but all plants, hardscape and equipment are cyano free.
I guess the combination of changing the light spectrum and adding bacteria from a natural body of water worked. Not sure if the Fritzzyme 360 helped.

IMG_5703.jpg

My last update. I consider this tank a success, being able to cycle and mature a tank so quickly. The dark start method definitely worked for me.
But I reckon the tank wouldn't be able to fight off the ugly stage if I hadn't added some sediment from the river. Or maybe its was the bacteria in the Fritz 360 that helped. I don't know.
I even abandoned it deliberately for 8 months. No water changes. Just topping it off. Against all odds, it stayed balanced. No algae issues whatsoever.
I got bored doing nothing. Just trimming the plants and feeding the fish. It was like on auto-pilot.
The system is now sold and I'm trying my luck with a nano reef system.

Back