Nature Aquarium World Takashi Amano

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Does anyone have this book series? Are they worth the purchase? Was thinking about getting the 3 volumes.

Many thanks

Garuf

They're on my wish list, Arana, Mark has them and I was lost for words.

George Farmer

Founder
Staff member
LondonDragon said:
Does anyone have this book series? Are they worth the purchase? Was thinking about getting the 3 volumes.

Many thanks

Yes and yes.

The aquascapes are a little "out dated" for some perhaps and the photography is nothing on Amano's latest stuff. Some photos are over 20 years old though...

Book One is my favourite as it gives you an insight into Amano's whole philosophy, not just on aquascaping either.

I got a bit carried away when writing this review...

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... iews_id=37

Book Two concentrates on smaller aquaria, Book Three larger tanks.

Also worth considering is Amano's "Aquatic Plant Paradise", a smaller hardback book.

I can also recommend the Aqua Journals for more recent aquascapes and photos. Some are breathtaking. There are 4 or five English translated editions that are well worth the cash. The Japanese issues are also worth considering, just for the stunning photography and aquascaping.

Another excellent purchase is the ADA catalogues. 2006 has proper step-by-steps and more stunning aquascapes. You can't go wrong for 3.00GBP.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... Path=16_26

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks George, looks like I will start with book one then and see what its like :)

Themuleous

I have one, should really get the other two. Great books and if nothing else and great for inspiration and picking up your spirits when you want to take a hammer to your own tank! :lol:

Sam

ulster exile

I had bid on one of these books on fleabay for about a £1 but some bugger nipped in at the last moment and stole it from me :twisted: I guess I'll have to fork out the full price at some point, unless somebody takes the hint and sees that they are on my Amazon wishlist

On an earlier recommendation from George, I bought the ADA catalogues which are totally worth the purchase...

Graeme Edwards

Founder
Hi,

Im here simply becaues of those books, I have them all. Pure inspiration. I went from fish keeper to artist, tunnel vision to enlightenment, opend a whole new phylosophy for me.

Graeme.

planter

Got all 3 books, never get bored of them. When I first read them I thought 'imagine owning an aquarium like that!'
Couldnt beleive aquariums could look that good. Inspirational, every planted aquarium enthusisast should own them.

Azaezl

They are on my wishlist as well, am I the only one who got the 2006 ADA catalogue free? I thought it was just a nice freebie, didn't realise it costs £3, was a nice read and worth £3(if I'd have paid for it lol) :D

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Just ordered the first book for £13.60 which I think is not that bad! thanks for all the info guys

Ed Seeley

Azaezl said:
They are on my wishlist as well, am I the only one who got the 2006 ADA catalogue free? I thought it was just a nice freebie, didn't realise it costs £3, was a nice read and worth £3(if I'd have paid for it lol) :D
Richard put one in my last order too when I bought a load of Aquasoil and stuff. I thought the same as you until I looked on his site! Another reason why AE are so great!

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Got my ADA catalogue today from AE, just gone through it quickly all I can say is WOW! amazing, have to spend sometime reading everything. Can't wait for the book ;)