• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature Aquarium World Takashi Amano

They're on my wish list, Arana, Mark has them and I was lost for words.

LondonDragon said:
Does anyone have this book series? Are they worth the purchase? Was thinking about getting the 3 volumes.

Many thanks

Yes and yes.

The aquascapes are a little "out dated" for some perhaps and the photography is nothing on Amano's latest stuff. Some photos are over 20 years old though...

Book One is my favourite as it gives you an insight into Amano's whole philosophy, not just on aquascaping either.

I got a bit carried away when writing this review...

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... iews_id=37

Book Two concentrates on smaller aquaria, Book Three larger tanks.

Also worth considering is Amano's "Aquatic Plant Paradise", a smaller hardback book.

I can also recommend the Aqua Journals for more recent aquascapes and photos. Some are breathtaking. There are 4 or five English translated editions that are well worth the cash. The Japanese issues are also worth considering, just for the stunning photography and aquascaping.

Another excellent purchase is the ADA catalogues. 2006 has proper step-by-steps and more stunning aquascapes. You can't go wrong for 3.00GBP.

http://www.aquaessentials.co.uk/index.p ... Path=16_26

I had bid on one of these books on fleabay for about a £1 but some bugger nipped in at the last moment and stole it from me :twisted: I guess I'll have to fork out the full price at some point, unless somebody takes the hint and sees that they are on my Amazon wishlist

On an earlier recommendation from George, I bought the ADA catalogues which are totally worth the purchase...

Hi,

Im here simply becaues of those books, I have them all. Pure inspiration. I went from fish keeper to artist, tunnel vision to enlightenment, opend a whole new phylosophy for me.

Graeme.

Got all 3 books, never get bored of them. When I first read them I thought 'imagine owning an aquarium like that!'
Couldnt beleive aquariums could look that good. Inspirational, every planted aquarium enthusisast should own them.

They are on my wishlist as well, am I the only one who got the 2006 ADA catalogue free? I thought it was just a nice freebie, didn't realise it costs £3, was a nice read and worth £3(if I'd have paid for it lol) :D

SteveUK said:
Where was that? These books are definately going on the birthday list :)
On ebay, brand new as a buy it now, no more left though!

Azaezl said:
They are on my wishlist as well, am I the only one who got the 2006 ADA catalogue free? I thought it was just a nice freebie, didn't realise it costs £3, was a nice read and worth £3(if I'd have paid for it lol) :D

Richard put one in my last order too when I bought a load of Aquasoil and stuff. I thought the same as you until I looked on his site! Another reason why AE are so great!

Got my ADA catalogue today from AE, just gone through it quickly all I can say is WOW! amazing, have to spend sometime reading everything. Can't wait for the book ;)

Back