• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nature Macros

oldwhitewood

I've just bought a new camera and am getting to grips with it slowly, using the manual aperture mode and letting the camera look after the shutter speed at the moment. Here are some macro shots I've been taking which sum up a kind of methodology I am working towards. Basically I'm trying to photograph these little areas of the garden or whatever what we don't typically see but which hold a mystery and eeriness all of their own. Something like that anyway!

1109095196_f45dbb9b98_o.jpg

1108249325_5c79279829_o.jpg

1108254213_cd7b19eb4d_o.jpg

1096736125_bb6e383864_o.jpg

1097591144_d1e92f8197_o.jpg

So yeah anyway there you go. I've got a flickr account http://www.flickr.com/photos/greenbrightly/ where I'm uploading this stuff and also where there are some more straightforward aquarium shots which may be more relevant.

There great Neil.

People seem to neglect the tiny flora and fauna that surounds them. Well worth the time a patient's looking for them, and taking the time to capture the miniature landscape in th way you see.

I often go out into north wales on a photo trip. I ofter spend most of my time looking down or under trees, around rocks and dead wood for the more interesting photo opportunities. Every one can photograph a mountain scene, it smaller than that, that it gets difficult.

Crap photo here but you get the gist.

Nice one any way Niel, keep them coming!!!!

Thanks for the feedback. You are spot on with what you are saying this is something which is always overlooked. I've always been really interested in photography but I have always been lacking in the talent really. Macro stuff has always fascinated me, so since I've been using this camera and taking pictures with the supermacro function I'm amazed at this other world where you can capture these weird images. If you could see me you'd crack up, I am there lying on my front with my lens a few cm away from a patch of dirt and moss! :lol: That neighbours think I've gone crazy.

But I'm just really tired of seeing people take pictures of the sky, flowers and landscapes you know?

Anyway enough rambling.

I know exactly what you mean mate, very much so.

Im always looking round trees, in grass, under things, you are NOT allone!
Landcapes are so pass-ahy, macro is the new black!

Cheers,
Graeme.

A tripod is very handy. If your getting alot of low down shots ie, when you on the floor, get a bean bag or mini tripod, something i realy need.
As for shutter speeds etc, have a go at shooting in (M) mode. You will see the camara has an exposure reader. This when using half pressed shutter button, will tell you, with the settings you have selected, how over, under or bob on your exposure will be.

I could go on but without a context, its hard to explain.!

Back