• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Looks awesome, can't wait to get mine.

Can they survive 22 degrees in Winter?

Wild ones possibly, but since they have been so heavily captive bred for decade's captive bred tend to be quite weak and prefer warm water. They do best in 26c plus ime.

Wild ones possibly, but since they have been so heavily captive bred for decade's captive bred tend to be quite weak and prefer warm water. They do best in 26c plus ime.

Ok thank you, I won't put an heater in my setup so I'll better not but these fishes anyway

These apistogramma are lovely and I'm liking their small size...do you think they will fit in my 60p with lots of hides?

Well, it's been about a month since this scape was set up, and it's been through a few changes. There has been a lot of die back and a massive amount of organics released as a result. The wood isn't as stable as I thought it'd be and that has also contributed to the organic load. Consequently, I've had some algae issues, mainly staghorn and filamentous. Anyway, I removed the infested plants, and two massive water changes and a serious maintenance session later it looks like this...

Thanks @CooKieS, I've been looking for them for some time, in fact ever since I saw them in your ADA 60P nature aquarium. I eventually stumbled across them at Pets @ Home for £1:00 each; couldn't believe my luck :)

@Keith GH, thanks Keith. The wood is still disintegrating a bit but it's not as bad as it was. It was covered in moss which just trapped mulm and wood fragments under it. The moss then started to grow a coat of filamentous algae, I got fed up with it and ripped it out. The Trident went the same way. It wasn't transitioning very well at all; it was looking decidedly manky and becoming covered in staghorn algae, so that too had to go.

I think I've managed to clear the worst of it up and have pretty much got the scape where I need it to move forward. Plus the controller for my new Twinstar 600SA arrived today, so I'll be able to rig the new light up and should get better coverage, without hotspots - which didn't help. I'm going to miss the glitter lines of my Radion XR15 FW though.

30821461028_f9308de251_c.jpg
IMG_1404 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Interested in buying the twinstar S series too...waiting for your review. What brand is that controller? Thanks

Interested in buying the twinstar

Was also thinking of getting one myself until I seen the ADA RGB LED solars :wideyed::woot: and twinstars at Green Aqua .

Nigel informed us that Chihiros are releasing a copy of the ADA RGB LED solar later this year so may be worth the wait IMO, hopefully they will be dimmable too :cigar:

Got the same one on daughters tank and very happy with it great piece of kit

Nigel informed us that Chihiros are releasing a copy of the ADA RGB LED solar later this year so may be worth the wait IMO, hopefully they will be dimmable too :cigar:
Knew that would happen as soon as I bought the Twinstar :rolleyes: However, I'm not too upset; the quality of Chihiros lights can sometimes be a bit iffy.
I've also found a simple and very neat way to suspend the 600 SA using my Radion suspension kit - without modification - so it should stay level to the surface of the water and not twist like the 600 SP :cool:

Haha...no worries Karl ;) I've just screwed the plugs for the suspension kit in to the ceiling. Just got to wait for the filler to dry and add a coat or two of emulsion and I'm ready to go. I'll post a few snaps to show how it works...or not, tomorrow.

Back