• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Tim Harrison

Administrator
UKAPS Team
Couldn't resist trying this awesome piece of gnarliness out in my new 60P. I'm going traditional NatureScape with this one, Crypts, Java fern, maybe some red stems etc. Either way, I think I'll keep it relatively simple - back to basics.
There's still a few yards left in Return of the Shallow...but it'll soon be time to tear it down, and then I can start working this new scape.

41535777032_59dd812d14_b.jpg
IMG_0008 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Thanks Guys :)
60P
- classic :cool:

Change the Shallows over to a Wabi ;)
That's a good idea, but it'd be more of a terrascape and I don't think I have room for that :)
Thread worth watching IMO :thumbup:

The Pic reveals some of your secrets Tim in your book selection 'Wizardologly' so its aquascaping 'Potter' style;)
It's all smoke and mirrors ;)
Hi tim
Very cool. I love that wood. Similar wood i saw at glens place. He had one in a dry hardscape and it look so cool.

Going to look cool i know

Cheers
Ryan
I'll have to take a look, might be heading back to MK next week sometime.
Tim

As you would know working with a one piece hardscape in an Aquascape is not going to be easy at all.
Keith:wave::wave:
Your probably right about that Keith, I doubt I'll be able to resist the temptation to add more hardscape. But the idea this time is to let the plants tell the story :)

Tim

The only thing I can think of is fixing it to a piece of slate and standing it upright. Plants a thick matting of small grassy plants and around the same leaf type but tall making it look like a semi wild appeal.:crazy::crazy:

This will be like Takashi Amano Retro Tank

- a rewind to Back When it was just wood in those amazing Nature Aquarium tanks with nary a stone in sight :shh:

Of course now we :lurking: :lurking: :lurking: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

his will be like Takashi Amano Retro Tank

- a rewind to Back When it was just wood in those amazing Nature Aquarium tanks with nary a stone in sight :shh:

I guess that's the idea alto, and if I can capture something of the essence of those stunning Takashi Amano scapes I'll be very pleased. But I'm never really sure how my scapes will turn out :confused:

Tim

The only thing I can think of is fixing it to a piece of slate and standing it upright. Plants a thick matting of small grassy plants and around the same leaf type but tall making it look like a semi wild appeal.:crazy::crazy:

That would work nicely too Keith :)

Back