• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Splendid!.. :clap: Imho the most atractive Aponogeton around.. I'm glad you like it too.. :) What i know from the source i got it from, it should flower easily.. Now you got it taking off, it shouldn't be a problem.. Can't wait to see.

Thanks Iain. The dimensions aren't that bad, it's nice to have more height to play with for a change. I could always do with a little more depth, but trying to make the best of the space I have is all part of the fun.

Nice Tim, love the use of the single flowing wood piece. Great solution to the wonky twinstar light too :clap:

Thanks Ady. Any further thoughts about your lighting?
I’m going to do some more searching however I’m pretty sure for price point I’ll be getting some variant of the twinstar.

And back on track!.. Gorgious scape.. Love the Coffee bean Tetras.. (Not sure if that's an interational common name.. And not sure, but i believe it's in German i heart it first.) :)

Thanks Marcel, I like them too, they're fully grown and still quite diminutive.
Did you notice the Aponogeton you gave me in the background, it's bending in the current but nearly to the water surface now.

Did you notice the Aponogeton

Yes i did recognize the leaf shape texture and color.. Can't be missed once you know it, it stands out. It was a rather tiny bulb for a start, love to see it taking off so well. :cool: I still have a bulb hidden in my low tech somewhere still refusing to grow.

Those aren't coffee bean tetra (hyphessobricon takasai), but hyphessobricon roseus FYI. ;)
Yes now i see.. Thanks.. Gorgious little fish..

And back on track!.. Gorgious scape.. Love the Coffee bean Tetras.. (Not sure if that's an interational common name.. And not sure, but i believe it's in German i heart it first.) :)

Works in danish too... Kaffebønnetetra.

Those aren't coffee bean tetra (hyphessobricon takasai), but hyphessobricon roseus FYI. ;)

Ah... Hyphessobrycon if you want to pick nits :pompus:. Common name Gul Fantom Tetra. Apparently not bred in Denmark. They should be quite shy. Those are looking good :)

In my country they are refered to as Schoulder Spot Tetra and Phantom Tetra is even broader. There are several Hyphessobrycon with a spot on the flank in our trade given the same common name. Didn't know it was 1 specific sp called coffee bean.. I heard Coffee Bean Tetra first in a German Docu video about the amazone when filmed in the wild, the sceintific name wasn't mentioned. They were all schooling aruond a much bigger fish that was cracking nuts that fall into the water and the coffee beans were picking it's spoils. I liked it and also kind fell in love with this spotted Hyphessobrycon species.

The H. roseus Tim has, seem to be the smallest with a schoulder spot. Definitively on my wishlist for a future amazone setup. But for now i also can not obtain them, can't find them anywhere.

Tim do you leave your twin star on all the time when I first got mine couldn't find anything on them so I've just left it on

Tim do you leave your twin star on all the time when I first got mine couldn't find anything on them so I've just left it on
Assuming you mean the steriliser and not the light then you do just leave them on all the time and they work on a cycle; you have to press buttons to get it going after it is powered up so wouldn't work on a timer anyway.

In my country they are refered to as Schoulder Spot Tetra and Phantom Tetra is even broader. There are several Hyphessobrycon with a spot on the flank in our trade given the same common name. Didn't know it was 1 specific sp called coffee bean.. I heard Coffee Bean Tetra first in a German Docu video about the amazone when filmed in the wild, the sceintific name wasn't mentioned. They were all schooling aruond a much bigger fish that was cracking nuts that fall into the water and the coffee beans were picking it's spoils. I liked it and also kind fell in love with this spotted Hyphessobrycon species.

The H. roseus Tim has, seem to be the smallest with a schoulder spot. Definitively on my wishlist for a future amazone setup. But for now i also can not obtain them, can't find them anywhere.

Yes, got them in my 60p and they're awesome, not shy (got ember before and these were very shy in comparaison) when in group, peaceful, loves to parade etc...nice little tetra.

Here's one macro shot of a female I've take a while ago:

181026025934335086.jpg

Available in France for 2€ each :) can't find the h.takasei from guyana anywhere unfortunately

Sorry for the spam Tim but can't resist with those tetras.

Back