• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Brilliant video :)

Moss trim looks perfect ;)

but I need a plant list reminder :oops:
(or an update post edit on page 1 so I can find the latest tank details :sorry: )

I couldn’t decided which Rotala is which - though I did finally find the plant ‘baggie’ photo ;)
R yao yai - similar to ‘orange juice’ or ‘colorata’ or yet another variant?
R Vietnam - same as the H’ra variant or yet another?

Nice vid, did a see some Hyphessobrycon Takasei ?

Those are hyphessobrycon roseus; one of my fav too:

190305113701323188.jpg

Takasei are very hard to find because wild caught...unfortunately.

Brilliant video :)
Thanks alto, the video has been helpful at least, close up I noticed a few deficiencies and a few gammy leaves, from the scapes last incarnation, I'd missed :eek:
R yao yai - similar to ‘orange juice’ or ‘colorata’ or yet another variant?
R Vietnam - same as the H’ra variant or yet another?
Initially all of those and probably more, not sure what's left now though. I suspect the majority are colorata, I'm gradually increasing the light intensity, if they decide to colour up then I might be able to ID them better.
but I need a plant list reminder :oops:
The rest...Marsilea hirsuta and quadrifolia, Micranthemum 'Monte Carlo' ,Staurogyne repens, Hydrocotyle verticillata, Ranunculus inundatus, Cryptocoryne parva, Cryptocoryne walkeri "Legroi", Alternanthera reineckii 'Mini'.
B. spec. 'Brownie' (has melted, might come back), B. Theia, A. nana bonzai, B. heudelotii (transferred from one tank to another for 8 years) B. difformis (all but melted, no surprise there), M. pteropus 'Narrow', R. chamedryfolia (not doing very well), V. sp. "Mini Christmas" moss, Fissidens sp.

I think that's all :rolleyes:
Nice vid, did a see some Hyphessobrycon Takasei ?
Thanks... you're not the first to make that mistake ;) It's like @CooKieS said they're H. roseus. £1.00 each from Pets @ Home, they didn't actually know what they were; had them marked up as white tipped tetras o_O. I did tell them but they weren't bothered; not their usual stock apparently.

Very nice fish the white highlights on the fins makes them pop even more. You paid a really good price :)
Was just searching for some fish to add to my bedroom tank got a school of h. amandae and a school of pygmy cory's was looking at takasei cause they are small also and very beautiful but I think i go for a small school of h. megalopterus that would look a bit like a school of altums compared the other small fish..

B. difformis hasn't worked for me also, once it transfers to submerged form it looks like some alien moss.. :S

Last edited:
We lost this battle and our cats now only drink from the tanks. Great indicator of water quality. ;)
Seeing what and where our yard cats drink, I'm not so sure about that.
They actually scorn fresh water from the tap, much preferring a leftover bucket full of rainwater and rotting leaves.

Even worse, i once had a fluffy fur keychain i got for christmass.. One day i saw my cat running outside dragging my keys around the neighbourhood. :arghh::lol:

rainwater and rotting leaves.

Nothing wrong with a healthy portion of both in your aqaurium.. Old dead leaves falling from the tree and decaying in the water release lots of goodies.
Tannins etc. it's anticeptic, an Algaecide, a Fungicide and it's food for micro organisme which again is food for fish(fry). :thumbup: Some professors say, you can't have enough of it, for so far the healthy portion.. :)

We lost this battle and our cats now only drink from the tanks. Great indicator of water quality. ;)
I'm not so sure about it being a great indicator of water quality either :) He has freshwater in several different places throughout the house and just like Darrel's (@dw1305) and @Fiske cats he still prefers to drink from my tank and failing that muddy puddles :rolleyes:
Tim Once Scruffy learns to jump up the open the door its drink time. Keith:wave::wave:
Thankfully Keith he never learnt to do that he just sits there and howls at anyone that will listen, hoping they'll let him in.
Looking at his dedicated stare,Tim,he's already done it,so lets fast forward and hear the next part of the story :D
I strongly suspect that my kids let him in when I'm not there and my wife nearly always leaves the door open accidentally on purpose :meh:
Nothing wrong with a healthy portion of both in your aqaurium.. Old dead leaves falling from the tree and decaying in the water release lots of goodies.
Tannins etc. it's anticeptic, an Algaecide, a Fungicide and it's food for micro organisme which again is food for fish(fry). :thumbup: Some professors say, you can't have enough of it, for so far the healthy portion.. :)
That would explain a lot Marcel...

Leave the door open by mistake and before you can blink this is what happens...Weeping Angels have nothing on Scruffy...

Drinking water when ours were aloud outside they would often drink the dirty water I had for the birds.

As our water is highly chlorinated they only have pre boiled and left on the bench in a jug ready to use when it cools down.

Keith:wave::wave:

You're all complaining about some water.:p My cat used to eat the fish's blood worms and brine shrimp. It would be the only food he'd meow about and he stole it on a few occasions while I was defrosting it. :D

Don't let anyone know! The producers will label it "Cat Treats" and charge double!

Also, I now consider this thread completely derailed. Back to plants and catfish... Ahem. ..

Back