• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NatureScape - The End

Oh yes I forgot, those too...;)

42462181185_779099876a_b.jpg
IMG_1104 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Started the plantless cycle, 2 weeks and it'll be ready to plant. The big rock on top of the wood is to hold it down. The wood is giving off a lot of tannins...
Also, gone is the Evolution Aqua glass pipework set. The surface skimmer didn't work even though I've an Eheim Ecco Pro 300 which turns over 750 l/hr, disappointing.
43518436392_0ffabeb691_b.jpg
IMG_1140 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

The open grain of the wood is soaking up a lot of water, I should get good emersed moss growth here...
43518437372_010940fe3c_b.jpg
IMG_1142 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Finally a shot of the holding tank, plants look healthy so far. Just 5 hour photoperiod and a diet of TNC complete and LC...
28677633127_3c74faaa88_b.jpg
IMG_1141 by Tim Harrison, on Flickr

Extraordinary Timing :D
I was just thinking about this as I walked down the stairs .....

Love the stone work!

Of course now you need to provide all the specifics ;)

Thank you for the kind comments guys.

@Iain Sutherland, green neons popped in to my head for some reason. But I also have some cardinals and Hyphessobrycon cf. loweae from my last scape that I want to keep.

@alto...
Tank - ADA Cube Garden 60-P
Filter - Eheim Ecco Pro 300, 750l/hr
Light - Radion XR15 FW, 6 hr photoperiod @ 60% intensity atm.
Lily pipes - Hinterfield set (fed up of busting expensive ones)
Algae buster/oxygenator - TwinStar Nano with Chihiros reactor
CO2 - Fire extinguisher and CO2 Art pro dual stage reg (older version), Up original inline atomiser, JBL bubble counter/check valve, Aquarium Gardens drop checker
Heater - Hydor inline

Substrate - ADA AS Amazonia, Hugo Kamishi Natural Mix Gravel, fine and Dennerle Plantahunter natural gravel, river
Wood - random piece from collection
Stone - Seiryu aka mini landscape rock
Water - from the tap, hard

Plants...
Various buces
Crypts - willisii, wendtii, affinis, legroi
M. pteropus
'Trident'
M. pteropus var.
Aponogeton robinsonii floating var.
Various Rotala spp.
Ranunculus papulentus
Ludwigia
sp. Mini Super Red
Eleocharis sp Mini
H. pinnatifida
Bolbitis
Marsilea crenata

Christmas moss
Monosolenium tenerum, I think?

Looking great Tim Already :artist: Be good to see how it fills in :watching:

M. pteropus 'Trident'

Looks really healthy , better than it did when it was in my tank :eek: some wizardry going on me thinks :playful:

Thanks Karl. I have a confession to make...the trident you gave me pretty much went the same way it did in your tank. I put it in my holding tank and It did well for a while and then suddenly melted. The other plants in the same tank all thrived including another M. pteropus var. So no wizardry.
Might have been a less than healthy cultivar...so maybe it wasn't anything you or I did or didn't do. Well I guess I'll find out soon enough :confused:

.the trident you gave me pretty much went the same way it did in your tank

Shame but if it couldn't survive in your hands what chance do I have! So good news in a way :thumbup: Be interesting too to see how yours goes compared to my trident, I have as just had a big melt (again :mad:) with the trident I still have, so big trimming done this weekend. Mine might need stripping completely and a better batch putting on:rolleyes: could explain the recurrent issues I've had with it melting! where did you get your batch from m8?

I got this batch from k2aqua on eBay. I also think as most of the plants we like to keep underwater would prefer not to be...underwater, that they sometimes get tired and don't grow so well after a while.

Back