NatureSoil is in!!

Richard, do you know if the fine graded soil will be suitable for general use? Aquasoil fine grained were only recommended as a top up in small areas where small plants are harder to root. They didn't recommend the sole use of fine grain substrate throughout the aquarium as it prevent good substrate ventilation. Do you know if this is the case with naturesoil?

Furthermore reading around online, I came across this website http://oliver-knott.com/28+M52087573ab0.html

Why is there a need to add fertiliser prior to adding naturesoil? does that mean the nutrient content is actually not as much as we would have expect from aquasoil?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
I use the fine naturesoil in my shrimp tank, it doesn't need a top layer like that ADA stuff does. Looks great too! have a look in my journal from the signature.

daniel19831123 said:
Why is there a need to add fertiliser prior to adding naturesoil? does that mean the nutrient content is actually not as much as we would have expect from aquasoil?
It is also recommended that you had a lot of stuff to the bottom of the ADA soil, like bacter and other things ;)

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
daniel19831123 said:
Richard, do you know if the fine graded soil will be suitable for general use? Aquasoil fine grained were only recommended as a top up in small areas where small plants are harder to root. They didn't recommend the sole use of fine grain substrate throughout the aquarium as it prevent good substrate ventilation. Do you know if this is the case with naturesoil?

Furthermore reading around online, I came across this website http://oliver-knott.com/28+M52087573ab0.html

As Londondragon mentioned, NatureSoil Fine is perfect for using on its own

You can add extra 'umph' underneath it should you wish - this will help make it last even longer. However most people (including myself) use it on its own.

alip01

Are you going to be getting any more of the 10L bags instock in the next few months? I'm looking to get some, preferably the brown if it does come in. :)

Aqua Essentials

Sponsor
Staff member
alip01 said:
Are you going to be getting any more of the 10L bags instock in the next few months? I'm looking to get some, preferably the brown if it does come in. :)

Once the 3L bags are sold we'll get the larger bags in (brown too)

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Would you sell 3 bags for the price of a 10L bag while you don't have them in stock?