• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

NayR's Aquascape Journal 60cm

nayr88

Hello all,

1st of some special thanks to anyone ive bought plants or equipment off especially Bogwood for the kit itself getting it all the way from Liverpool to London :woot: and to Ghostword for his general help and good nature to my questions 8)

Spec
Tank: 60cmLx35cmHx30cmD so around 65liters before stone gravel ect.
Filter: Eheim 2224 (700lph) looking to get a korelia(spelling)
Lighting: Hagan Glo 2x24w im doing a 10hour photo period,.
Heating: External inline Hydor Heater
Substrate: Colombo Flora Base Black 8) very nice stuff.
Co2: currently fermentation set up and overdosing Flourish Excel. (more on the co2 to follow)
Ferts: currently Ferka 'balance - k' and 'aquatilizer' EI stuff arriving during next week.

Fish
Pair of apistogramma cacatouides (lol at spelling)
2 otto's

im setting up a cherry shrimp tank at the same time as this so im going to try some of them in the tank they may get eaten we shall soon find out :lol:

Plants Hardscape and Layout

Glossostigma carpet out front, surrounded by mini landscape stone, either end of the tank is a small amount of Pogostemon Helferi on the right side, the P.helferi is infront of a big bush of Java fern and on the left side, it sits infront or a small coconut shell covered in alot of unknown moss, behind the moss and also to the left of the Java fern is a whole load of Blyxa japonica, theres also a few patches or sSaurogyne sp, on infornt of and next to the P.helfri and one far left corner, im looking to cut down on the Blyxa but i wanted mass so as that i didnt get a ton of algae on the moss and Glosso, not sure what ill replace it with,

LAYOUT now changed, see pics. soon to change again i feel when i get my wood and stone from plantedbox.

Help always welcome :thumbup:

Thanks guys :thumbup: and gals :thumbup:

:oops:

cheers bogwood, loving your tank, your japonica in this one buddy haha

posting this journal is the proberly the worst thing ive done since enjoying this awesome hobby, all ive done since is drawn up where i want to take the tank, hardscape ect, spoken to james via emal on woods and stones,

think the best thing to do would just go basic, so rip out blyxa replace with hairgrass from a pond store haha, let the fern get huge, glosso carpet and couple of peices of dragon stone. reason behind the blyxa rippadge is because it just seems to just about survive in my set up, and hairgrass is much easier. ferns easy, moss here and there thats easy just keep it in shape, and if the glosso plays up ill have replace it with moss haha. not going to buy any more equipment other than some stone and replace my co2 bottles.

im going to have a good think, i could end up selling my jd and gt tank,

anyway pics on there way soon :geek:

alot of unknown moss

It should be Weeping moss if it's the stuff I sent you. It's been floating for a few months so has probably turned a bit stringy because of that, the bits that are attached to the wood in my tank do weep. If it's not Weeping moss, blame Ed Seeley because I got it from him a couple of years ago! :lol:

lol i have a few deifferent portions of moss in there. I changed the whoooole scape 10 mins ago so this picture is now old but ill post it anyway along with the new layout in a 5mins ;)

IMG00548-20100606-1416.jpg

IMG00554-20100606-1844.jpg

how its looking now, p.helfi on the left and Staurogyne sp on the right, blyxa both sides of moss but alot more on the right side.

its all going to change once again when i get the stone and wood from planted box. but atleast you lot can see what im working with plantwise and equipment .

and just for fun here is my 1st ever planted tank, i sold the tank on, and now im starting on this 60cm
IMG00218-20100321-1321.jpg

thanks

Wellll

i just bought 8kg of dragon stone and a few nice detailed bits of manzanita wood, also purchased a nano hob filter for my 10l, going to pick it up from the postoffice tomorrow, very inspired by this months PFK nano/pico feature :D

pictures to follow soon 8)

Erm no idea where I can get the link from, but its in shops.

Its wasn't my hand on filter i collected, when I got home it was a bag of mush that where once plants I orderd 3weeks ago.......

Back