• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Nearly killed my discus

hixy

I set up my brand new co2 system paid alot of money for the reg.I had it going nicely at a couple of bubbles a second to start with got home and the drop checker was yellow and the bubble counter was screaming i mean loads of bubbles a second why would this happen after i set it up nicely.The co2 is going into an inline diffuser .could it be i had the working pressure to high ?

Last edited:
What did you have it set to, how full is/was the bottle and how long did you watch the CO2 count after setting it up? Glad your discus survived!

Full pub bottle.I didnt watch it for very long it was set over 40 bar i think.i will leave it of until this weekend and i will be able to watch it all day .I just dont understand why the co2 was coming out so quickly and emptied the water from the bubble counter.Im thinking i had the pressure to high.

Just as a for instance, I use the Up original inline atomiser, My working pressure is 3 bar, I've found it works best at that pressure. I think you're right, it is best to dial your CO2 in when you can be there to observe the changes.

Back