• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need a better Regulator than this...UP A165 reg/sol

cheekycharly

Hi guys wanting to change my reg for one where the working pressure can be adjusted. Saw the above but have since read some bad press on the UP Aqua reg and I would like to know what my alternatives are as there doesnt seem to be much choice from Google searching.

Any info would be great guys.

Thanks

CC

Here is a picture of that model to help...
y4ehytah.jpg

Really? I read it was erratic with the bubbles I.E. you get it set right then once its been off via auto times then back on it goes haywire and bubbles galore.

Any of that?

I was in the same predicament as you, but in the end I went for the co2 supermarket regulator. Its not adjustable (which is what I wanted) but it has a high enough pre set pressure to run a UP inline atomizer perfectly, and so far its been flawless.

Cheers jacaranda I will keep it in the running of regs to look at. Does anyone else have any info on the UP Aqua A-165 and if it is a bit of a swine to get set?

I've had my A-165 running for a week or so.
This is my 1st time running pressurised so therefore it's my 1st reg.
I found it very easy to set,there seems to be a nice resistance when you turn the needle valve and the bps rate has the been the same all week.
I've been using the solenoid to turn off at night.

What do you mean you have been using the Solenoid Stu? Do you mean you have it plugged into a timer socket that switched the valve off when set?

What do you mean you have been using the Solenoid Stu? Do you mean you have it plugged into a timer socket that switched the valve off when set?
ahem yes?
The sol is plugged into a timer switch.
The co2 comes on a couple of hours before the lights go on, then it stops 2 hours before the end of the lighting period.
i don't want mine running 24/7
I use a diffuser, but it should run an atomiser, otherwise what would be the point of the reg having an adjustable working pressure?

amege7ev.jpg

So where does my brass bubble counter go? As it appears from this pic that the outlet is at the bottom and faces the wrong way.

Hi
have you read this FE Setup ?
co2 tubing from needle valve outlet into bubble counter into diffuser etc.
Don't forget your check valve/s
HTH

I have this reg and it is fine. If you are going to use it with an atomizer the working pressure needs to be set to around 3.0 - 4.0 kg/cm. That pressure will provide the consistency you need. Also it maybe worth mentioning here that atomizers often leave the factory covered in manufacturing residue and therefore need to be soaked in a solution of 1:1 bleach and water for at least 30 mins before they will work properly. I use limescale bleach, that rids the atomizer of both organic and inorganic material. I brought my reg from Tankscape similar price to the HK dealers on eBay but delivered in a few days, and if anything goes wrong replaceable in about the same

Back