• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need help on fungus?

Luciën

I got some white fungus stuff on my whole garden hedge. What is it and what to do about it.

_DSC1128.jpg
_DSC1126.jpg

I'd suggest it's probably powdery mildew, which is a environmental problem, caused by our changing, less than ideal weather. It causes brown patches and damages the leaf but it's something that should improve on its own. So assuming I'm right, you only need to give the hedge time to recover although you can cut off the ugly bits if you like.

Like mort says maybe it'll improve on its own, it's more of a preventative measure to make sure it doesn't come back. My friends Laurel hedge had a similar affliction bordo mix helped it back to health and it thrived thereafter.

I have read somewhere that a 60/40 water/milk mixture helps.. It spreaded to my newly planted magnolia and it worked there, I tried it on the hedge but I think it is to badly.. Added some hedge fert mix on ground.. Hope it recovers soon..
I've cut the hedge back alot this year so I guess the ground was a bit depleted to give the hedge what it need to recover..

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G920F met Tapatalk

Back