• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need help with my hardscape

frenchaquaman

Seedling
Hello aquascapists!

Need your advice for my almost finished hardscape. This is a 60p ADA, 60x30x36 cm (20gallon), high-tech planted, RGB 60, co2 injection.

Right side, is what I'm debating on changing, here are my current ideas:

1) Keep as is, add soil layer, and plant carpet plants around the rock structure on the right and wood.

2) Create a steeper slope on the right, with rock at the top of hill.

3) Keep completely open, remove rock and wood on right, and have big open space with carpet all over.

4) Keep open completely, and remove slope on right, and fill up bottom left of tank to cover the trunk in the front, and create and island style feeling (island being on the left).

I'm going to use a thin white layer of sand in the front at the very end.

Attachments

• IMG_7160.jpg
    IMG_7160.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 138
  • IMAGE A.jpg
    IMAGE A.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 111
Hi Frenchman, some nice wood you have there ;) I agree on leaving the right open, especially since the branches are hanging over that area. I'd also be concerned that the main wood feature is a bit too large for the tank. Once plants are grown up it might all get a bit crowded.

Keep the rocks out of it. If you want to rock it them you may need to find smaller wood.

Wood alone looks nice. :cool:

Back