• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Need some help choosing CO2 system

nickyc said:
Hmmm... no instructions :( I was thinking about getting one of those. Not too impressed to hear that yours was bust, but even worse that it doesn't come with the detailed assembly and instruction manual as promised - I was banking on that cos I haven't got a clue!
Its actually pretty easy to follow the pictured instructions, and there isn't much to connect anyway, I guess you just have to be carefull when turning it on. Still waiting for the replacement gauge, will update when I get it.

Should be good when you get it! My regulator came from Lunapets. Not had a problem with it in the 10 months I've had it :) I would of ended up buying another from them if I hadn't (literally) just snarfed a bargain on ebay :)

Superman said:
I ordered the 500g kit either Thursday or Friday of last week, so waiting for it to be delivered. Asked them last night via email if they have an idea when they'll be dispacting the item and which courier service they use so I can try and be in for when it arrives. 8)
Got home today and had a failed delivery note from DHL. I'll pick it up on the way to work as it's nearby.

Got an email from Lunapet first thing this morning to say it was already sent by DHL and should be with me today! :rolleyes:

Seems good value! is it easy enough to get these bottles re filled?

Superman said:
I collected the German garlic sausage box from DHL this morning.
After looking through the instructions last night, I realised that the reactor is dog ugly and will be looking to get a diffuser. TGM have a nice one in, so will be ordering from them later today.
Also got mine in a sausage box lol
I didn't bother paying extra for the reactor, I just went for the cheaper option with the diffusor. ;)

was looking at this system as well on eBay, but every time I went to the lunapet shop, everything went german. Although you can see from the pictures what they're selling, always good to read what's going on- does any one know how to access the rest of the shop in English? For all I know it says "ha, those gullible brits think they are buying a co2 system but in fact they are getting an old german sausage with a nozzle on top."

This might sound stupid, but looking at the picture of the handle of the 500g tank, can't you just stand it upside down and fit the regulator horizontally if it doesnt' fit? It's compressed gas so you should be able to use it any way up.

Spider Pig said:
This might sound stupid, but looking at the picture of the handle of the 500g tank, can't you just stand it upside down and fit the regulator horizontally if it doesnt' fit? It's compressed gas so you should be able to use it any way up.

I thought that too when looking at it, the problem is that the center of gravity is too high and it would easily fall over. Plus the handle isn't grippy to hold itself to the smooth wood inside the cabinet.

Spider Pig said:
From what I read elsewhere, which could also be wrong, is that you can't because there might be some sedments inside the bottle and if you hold it upside down it might clog the valves along the trail of equipment.

Industrial CO2 bottles are typically NOT compressed gas. If there were only gas in the cylinder you could not have it last as long as it does. The cylinders are typically filled liquid CO2 - cold liquid. In fact most industrial gases are stored in their cylinders this way. Because liquid is much more dense than a gas you can store a much greater mass of the product in the cylinder than if it were only gas. As you open the cylinder spigot the liquid "boils off" through an internal valve and turns to vapor. Inverting the bottles can cause freezing and subsequent blockage of the internal valves so this is not generally a good practice.

Cheers,

Just a quick update, since I didn't go to work today I have setup the pressurized CO2 :) its working great.
Now for the bad news, was putting it all together last night and decided to use the Rihnox 2000 diffuser I had previously purchased, as I was going to put the tubing into it the glass pipe broke :( and wait for it.... it went straight though my finger LOLOL great blood pouring everywhere. Never thought connecting a CO2 kit was so much fun LOL
Anyway I am now using the nano diffusor I was using before as it creates really tiny bubbles which disolve quicker, the diffusor that came with the kit is not that great.

LondonDragon said:
Just a quick update, since I didn't go to work today I have setup the pressurized CO2 :) its working great.
Now for the bad news, was putting it all together last night and decided to use the Rihnox 2000 diffuser I had previously purchased, as I was going to put the tubing into it the glass pipe broke :( and wait for it.... it went straight though my finger LOLOL great blood pouring everywhere. Never thought connecting a CO2 kit was so much fun LOL
Anyway I am now using the nano diffusor I was using before as it creates really tiny bubbles which disolve quicker, the diffusor that came with the kit is not that great.

I was warned about the glassware things, sorry I didn't pass it on. Guess I'll be extra careful tomorrow.

Any top tips on not how to break it and cut your hand?!

Back